• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 11, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blush.gif
Thanks.

BTW, the answer on my 100 (3rd pic) was "hacksaw it off"......

Has everyone seen the information on the IHCC Chapter 34????? The registry forum has membership forms available.

I rented a Case 580L to dig out 71 oak trees this weekend. NICE machine - I'd swap my cubs AND my Bobcat for that!

Thanks for the clarification on the Kohler blocks guys. Oddly enough, the Case has the same pan on it as my 125 Cub has. I know the Case has had its engine swapped. Its supposed to have a starter/generator and a side oil fill. The engine must be from a John Deere since it has the extra base bolt holes, flywheel alternator, and top oil fill. I would like to have used a Wisconsin AGND I have. Its base is about 1 1/2 times the width of the flat Kohler base though. Its flywheel is about 6 inches wider than the large Kohler wheel. Its mag is also down low on the side of the block. Kind of like comparing a 454 to a 350 or a 460 to a 302.

Dave, When you cut down the rod cap, how do you ream the journal to fit? I have a Continental AA7 that I'd like to try that idea on if I can do it.

Johnny- you're right- I haven't invented a way to reamed OD's YET.

Brian- I didn't- I had Mel at Moline Engine Service do it for me... He's really goodat doctoring rods, especially on odd motors. He's the kinda guy to see for getting that Diamond REO or Packard Liberty rebuilt. I might be takin' him a Hercules ZXB in a few months, but I've got 2 Kohlers to do first.

But essentially what you do is shave a smidgen off the rod/cap mounting faces, which leaves you with an oval. Common wear occurs at the top of rod and bottom of cap, so you're closing this up... once closed, take a reamer and open it up to the spec clearance.

MAN! It pays to check SPONSORS websites once and a while for this kinda stuff.
Travis & CC Specialties had his annual <font color="ff0000">SUPER SALE and FREE PARTS DAY.</font>
I can't believe that there were only 2 of us there to take advantage of the event!
It was rainnin pretty hard so I didn't take a pic of the FULL trailer load, but here's what was stuck out the back. It was worth gettin soaked over.
25632.jpg

(Message edited by cproctor on February 13, 2005)

Takin' a smidgion off the cap was what a p.o. did to my 125. I don't think he then had the rod resized. Now that I think about it, thats what any good machine shop does to "rebuild" rods. The crank was .007 out of round. Its a wonder it didn't toss the rod since the journal was so scuffed. The cylinder was so worn, after I cut the ridge out a .010 piston slid in up to the oil ring groove. Whats your Herc in? I'm gathering parts to overhaul Grandpa's Oliver 60. I can find anything for a 66, the 60 must not have been very popular. Oliver bought Cletrac somewhere in the 50's if I remember correctly. Cletrac used Hercules engines almost exclusively I think. I know a couple good sources for parts if you need a little help finding something.

Rear Grader Blade on a 149.
Will it do the job? I have a Gravel drive and need to grade excess gravel off of the end of the drive.
What is the best setup for this type operation?
Could someone reccommend a source for Blade and Hitch?

Help from anyone that knows what U-Joint that fits a QA36-36A, QA42-42A driveshaft.
It's IH-124348-R1
IH & Cub Dealers say these cross over, NOT!
Neapco- INT 200/0675X
Wesko- N1579
New Holland- 139842
Tiska- CBAN1570

They are just to freakin wide!
25638.jpg

25639.jpg

It's supposed to fit so the keepers fit inside the yoke.
25640.jpg

I have just received an IH Cadet 268 Snowblower from a freind. I am looking for any information on this model in regards to operations manuals, year, engine brand, parts. Thank you.

Steve B,
Feel free to copy away. It was just 1/8" aluminum
plate and I cut the holes out with a jigsaw. The top section "sandwiches" between the hinge and the upper housing. I wish I had that hydro 100 pic
when I was designing
those graphics. The pic I had was a 3/4 view and it was hard to see the lettering. Any chance you could email me a bigger version of that pic?
BTW, I glad my work could inspire you because I
always admire your work on these little tractors.

http://www.gehlingauction.com/view.cfm?ID=123
I hope this isn't taken as me promoting this auction however I have seen their IH forklift and it is one of the nicest around. Man would this be a nice addition to someone's collection.

Charlie. You done proud at Travis' this weekend. I would much rather have been there then home with a cold/flu bug especially during a three day weekend. Angel and I both have it. At times it hurt to even breathe or move. Hopefully, next weekend the 125 will get some attention.

Charlie P. make sure the yokes didn't collapse a little removing the old U-joint. I've had to spread the ears a little by pressing some thing round like a trailer ball between them. Best thing is to match the u-joints themselves with the caps on them to see if they are the right ones. Sometimes a couple strokes with a flat file on the inside of the yokes helps too. Also. while you have the shaft out, make sure the u-joints are in phase, the yokes should be in the same plane. My recently acquired QA 42 had the yokes off by about 3 splines, which will kill the u-joints. Good luck.

Jim B.
Believe me, I've tried everything. I also have a NOS shaft settin here and I measured it out compared to the old one and it's exactly the same width. It's the damn principle of the thing now, LOL
I just gotta find these u-joints!

Charlie the driveshaft wouldn't be worn out from overspeeding would it?
happy.gif

Mike M,
Nothin was worn out or nothing broke. I just lost the keeper for one cap and it went flying! If I could find the cap, I'd be all set, LOL

Back