• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 11, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan-- Don't know me well enough, huh? Feel free to ask any questions! I can't guarantee I'll answer, though! Ha, Ha!

Jack M,
Good greif man! Give us some good sized pics, I'm half blind anyway!!!!! grin
If ya need help re-sizin those things, send me the big one's and I'll fix'um for ya.

More pics of the Original.
buttrock.gif

15791.jpg

15792.jpg

bryan-- one of my points about f&f carying cub cadet line now was that they will have more than just the cheap belt drive cubs... at least 2 2000 series, maybe a 3000 and the commercial zero turn and the gator clones and the compact tractor ... far more than lowes and TSC ...

lee koke -- i would lean toward RV antifreeze (the pink stuff)

Kraig,
Yes, the X-series uses Kawasaki engines. The X475/575 is carburated and the X485/585 is fuel injected. Of course they are the only Deere lawn and garden tractor that has a horizontal shaft engine. All the rest are vertical shaft to get the pulley down there to run that belt to the transmission.

Wyatt, I thought you pulled a set of points out of your 169 that was burnt in one corner with low hours? I could be wrong.

Tedd-

Kubota makes both Diesel and gas 3cyl motors that would fit.

Briggs & Stratton makes a 31hp gas liquid cooled.

Kohler makes a 22HP & 25HP Aegis gas liquid cooled.

Pic of the little one.
happy.gif

15796.jpg

Wes-
Yes, the points had an odd patch of contact, but were still in service and running well. The tractor had that set of points in for the last 3 plow days. They were relatively low hours, but no loss of performance I could detect. Still, after replacing the points for a new set, WITH the addition of Dave Kirk's Points Saver it seems to light right off and the general running of the tractor at top RPM seemes much more accurate.

Wes i have nothing but good things to say about dave kirk points saver i have them in all my tractors.all fire right off run real strong the best $25 bucks upgrade you could make just MHO.

Kohler question, what's an X stand for in a spec number? Fella in town has a MF garden tractor, he brought it by tonight to see if I could help him get it to run right. I didn't recal what an X stood for. Only thing I can guess is that someone goofed stamping the number and put an "X" in it.

Did you know you can buy Brinly parts (not implements) directly from Brinly? They will sell the 3 pt A frame directly, also!

Some eye candy/spy photos from the St. Louis Toy Show.

I mentioned that Roy L. Baker (one of the show hosts) was building a 1/2 scale Cub Cadet Original, including a 1/2 scale 7hp Kohler. My brother took some pics of it and it MIGHT make the fall plow day.

15799.jpg

15800.jpg

15801.jpg

15802.jpg

15803.jpg

Steve, is the frame aluminum?? Looks way cool!!

Just got back from an attic fire. Guy's furnace broke, so he plugged in an electric heater, and the old wiring couldn't take it. Those things should be outlawed. Lightbulb? Bryan?
lol.gif

Steve,
I can't wait to see that thing put together and painted yeller! Very cool!
buttrock.gif

STEVE B. - That carb on that 1/2 scale K-161 looks REAL familiar! ;-) Put some 50% Nitro fuel in that thing and I think 3 to 4 HP shouldn't be a problem! I think Travis is measuring His 1/16th scale pulling tractor NOW....

I am ready to paint the Koler Engine on my 149 but do not have a sample to follow. How about some guidence, Thanks, Herb

Back