• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 11, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan-
Cute kid! <font size="-2">He must get his looks from his mamma...</font>
happy.gif

Steve-
That thing is WAY cool! Do you think we can convince him to put "Plow Special" decals on it?
happy.gif
<font size="-2">I'm kidding guys....</font>

NEED ELECTRICAL HELP!

As part of my rebuilding my 127, I had to install a new voltage regulator. When I had everything else finished and was ready to fire it up, I went to connect the battery and the sparks flew! I've checked, re-checked, and re-re-check every wire and connection, and I still have a short that's causing the sparks to fly when I attempt to connect the battery. I've taking a lot of OHM readings as follows:

Starter/Generator (with all wires disconnected from voltage regulator and no battery)

A term to F term 6.4
A term to ground .5
F term to ground 6.4

Voltage regulator (all wires disconnected)

Ground to F term 3.9
Ground to Bat term Open
Ground to Gen(L)term Open
F term to Bat term Open
F term to Gen(L)term Open
Bat term to Gen(L)term .4
Extra term to ground 23.4
Extra term to F term 26.9
Extra term to Bat term Open

Anybody got any idea what the problem is?

I've got a extra voltage regulator, ignition switch, starter solenoid, wiring harness, and starter/generator to try if I need to.

I just got some info on a great event for garden tractors.

I'm the Iowa director of the Vintage Garden Tractor Club of America. I'm not soliciting any money, or trying to sell anything, just trying to get the word out about a garden tractor show, that's open to the public, and has no admission. This show will be held in Osceola,Ia on June 10,11,12, 2004. We hope to have 200+ tractors exhibit at this show, and I would like some of them to be Cubs. This show is open to any one with a garden tractor, no matter what type or age. Thank you for your time. Jeff Lauber

Steve B., very cool!!!!!

Jack M., how about larger versions of those photos?

Just remember, ROY BAKER is making the 1/2 scale, not me....credit where credit is due!!!!!

Travis,

Looks like it's almost all AL

Steve B., if Roy does bring that to the fall Plow Day (and I sure hope he does) how are you going to keep Steven III away from it? It'll be sized darn near perfectly for him! :eek:)

Better keep Denny away from it, it runs on nitro, it's got a glow plug, it's billet aluminum, and says KOHLER on it!!
happy.gif

Pretty impressive! Not everyone has access to CMM/3D measureing and a good CNC mill . . . but everyone would like it!

Now here's some cool little engines, be sure to check out the runnin videos too! Ole Grump Kentuck sent me this link the other day. Right before Kathy beat the crap out of him for just being alive, LOL
Click here

CHARLIE - Those little V-8's look like CONNELLY V-8's. Even the dual carb supercharged one. I think it was Hot Rod Mag. did a big write-up about them 10-12 yrs ago. They're kinda tame performance wise, I can't remember the displacement, but only make about 6-8 HP @ 8000 rpm. But They are WAY COOL! Not everyone can start up the scale replica of Their car engine while it's sitting on their coffee table in their living room!
The last .21 cid R/C engine Son had was an OS RZ-B '99 Edition. Made about 2.3 or 2.4 HP @ 32,000 RPM with a 38,000 RPM redline. Even in a 4WD 7 to 8# off-road car it was QUICK! The on-road R/C car guys or the Boat Guys are the one's who are REALLY hard on engines.

Sorry the pictures were so small. I'm new at this - I'll try again. This is pertaining to the message about reworking my standard Cub Cadet snowplow into a hydraulically angled blade.

15806.jpg

15807.jpg

15808.jpg

15809.jpg

15810.jpg

Jack-
Just curious why you went with two cylinders, did it move too fast with one?

Gov:
Still chuckling over the proposed addition to the FAQ: how to change a bulb. Def a classic.

speaking of classics: someone tell Roy to keep that 1/2 scale cub SILVER. Trim it out with Black and White and Viola: Sox Cadet

Ryan: nice pic of your kid. I won't show Frau: she wants another one.

Tedd: Was wondering if you could photocopy pg 8 of the parts manual for the 124. Dog ate mine.

Jack M: Now that's thinkin on your feet. Way cool addition to the plow.

Ray -

Glad you liked it.

Your dog ate it? Been a loooong time since I've heard THAT excuse.

Almost was gonna join you on the electric tonight - was going to go to Homewood, but I'm taking the Rock to Mokena instead. The Rock has lavs AND a bar car
wink.gif

Bryan:
News flash: Electric to add new coaches in '06 with lavs!!!!!! This will be great! No more people passing gas in a closed environment. . . .

<font size="-2">no mention was made of a bar car.</font>
sad.gif

wyatt compton
I used two cylinders because I thought it would equalize the pressure on both sides of the snow being pushed .

Jack, and here I was going to guess "because it looks cool!" :eek:)

Ryan, I just noticed that Cyrus is dressed in a yellow and white outfit.

Back