• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 11, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheinsohn

displayname
Wes Heinsohn
Cub Cadet is just trying to catch up on some of the losses from the Green guys. Deere made a killing last year by Home Depot selling the bottom line L series machines. And knowing first hand how that went, the dealerships still make money in the sales and service end. At least a Deere dealer has to set up and do the pre-delivery preps on all of the units Home Depot sells. Is Cub Cadet going to do this for Blains? If Cub Cadet follows Deere's foot steps, Blains will offer parts in nice bubble packs that are higher priced than what you can buy at the normal dealership. A $6 oil filter is sold for $10 at Home Depot, but is in a nice sealed bubble pack rather than a box.

wes-- as for the bubblepack parts i am not sure of yet, but if it follows the rest of the mtd parts we already carry, then no, it will be the same as dealer... also, there is no prep from any private cub dealer, everything is done in house...

so far i believe f&f has at least one or two of the 1000 series, 2 diff 2000 series, a zero turn regular, a cub cadet commercial zero turn, a 25 hp compact tractor available w/ bucket loader (not sure if 2wd or 4) and both the 6x4 and 4x2 big country utilities...

they are also bringing in some of the low budget white outdoor product line

So far, Home Depot is only carrying the L series line of Deeres and the new home owner CS & CX Gator line. These cheap machines bring a lot of service and parts sales to us. They even sell the new G110. They even offer an integral hitch to pull a Brinly plow. I hope to see this some day just to see how many hours it would last before it blows the tranny. They just are not built like our beloved cubs. Also, why does it take 25hp to pull a 48" deck these days. My 129 does just fine with a 50" deck.

My biggest question is will MTD offer the same warranty as if you bought at a dealer. I heard from a local Deere dealer last spring that the warranty on the deeres sold at Home Depot was not the same as if you went to the dealer and bought it.

To get back on topic tommorrows plans are to get the gaskets put into the engine for the 1450 and put in new ISO mounts. Plus the 109 needs some "new" shoes on the front since the tube is poking out of the one. Thank goodness I made a parts run to southern Iowa this past summer and can use the tires now even though I think the rims are a pristine blue. At least they are the correct replacements for this tractor.

Wes- I wonder if the whole "more horsepower theory" doesn't go back to Tim Allen and the tv show Home Improvement. LOL

(Message edited by hsimon on February 11, 2004)

Hugh,
It has to do more with emissions and the new non-adjustable carbs. We now try to clean the carbs first, if it doesn't help, we put a new carb on. At least our cubs we can still rebuild the carbs and get them running again with a little adjustment.

Wyatt, I had the same problem as you with the points in my 1650. I just put them in a year ago. They maybe have 25 hours on them. It wouldn't start last week so I checked the points. They were burnt. Put a new set in and fired it right up. This spring it will either get a 2nd condensor or Mr. Kirk's point saver installed.

Colin T.
The problem I had with reciveing the Brinly sleeve hitch adapter was not with shippment from Brinly but from F&F its self. Parts dept ordered the part, had it shiped to main wear house in Janesville, they sat on it until manager from local F&F called down to get it shipped to local store via Fed-Ex, which it then delivered the next day. Only 1 day befor I went to my local F&F I called them to check on the order, was told it was not going to be shipped until mid to late March, which I told the manager was unacceptable and I would be in the next day to talk to someone about this.
Next day I went in and demanded they either ship my parts or refund my money, I recived my parts the next day.

lonny--
i am both confused and befuddled why your parts were sent to the blain's janesville warehouse in the first place... orders are supposed to go directly to the store... obviously someone dropped the ball, and as a blain employee (though not of that store) i do appologize for your bad experience.

Colin T.
I will continue to shop at that F&F for my family has shoped there for the past 30 years.
1 bad situation is not going to keep me from shopping at a store that is otherwise a good store to shop at. They offer items not found at other hardware stores, and their prices some times are hard to beat.
All in all I would have to say Blain's F&F is a worthy store to recive my hard earned money.

On a nother note,
Has anyone cone up with a decent way of angleing the snow blade manually without haveing to leave the seat.
I spen a lot of time off my 102 adjusting the angle of my blade while plowing snow.

Kraig-
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

The single stage snowthrower, if properly maintained, should work as good as, if not outperform, a [2-stage] snowblower.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
So you're saying you can throw snow over your house with your QA42 like my #450???
roflol.gif

Bryan-
I love the post about the light bulbs, but it never said anything about the guy who made fun of other forum members for using the wrong bulb!
happy.gif

Or the guy the said his 7 watt light was lighting up the whole town before he even turned on the switch!!!!
lol.gif

and also the list did not mention the effectiveness of the light bulb in the sun with the AGH option!
happy.gif

Here's my chance to be the guy asking "didn't we discuss all this already?"

Didn't we go thru all this when the low end Cub Cadets first appeared at Lowe's and TSC? I don't see much difference...

COLIN - What surprises Me about Blains F&F is the fact I can buy Delta & Porter-Cable tools for about the same $$$$ most of the time @ F&F as I can with My "Corp. Company Discount". I used to use a LOT of yellow power tools but most of My new ones are gray now.

Anyone happen to know the peak torque RPM of a K321 engine? Running the numbers I'd think it would be around 2500-2600 RPM but I can't find a resource that lists it. Thanks!

Are there any liquid cooled small gas engines out there that would fit in an 82 sieres Cub?? Something in the 20 to 28 hp range?? One that is in production would be better, or that is still supported.

Art, I'm comparing thrower to blower on the same tractor, not my QA42 on a 12hp Cub to your #450 on an 18hp Cub. Besides, I doubt your 1872 with the #450 could blow snow over my house! Your house is only one story on the driveway side, mine is 3 stories on the driveway side......

Bryan, I vote that goes into the FAQ!

Is it on topic if it's a post about changing a headlight in an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet? :eek:)

Lonny, the Haban 54" blade, as used on the SGTs, had a hand operated angle adjustment that was operable from the seat, (I think most were converted to the optional hydraulic adjust) IMO it's a poor system but might be better than getting on and off all the time or could be improved seeing as you'd be making it yourself. If you want I'll email some photos I took of the one my parents have (it's never been used and the optional hydraulic angle kit is still in the box) and some scanned pages from the manual that show parts and such. Let me know if you want them via email.

Back