• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 10, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David, Charlie,

No seat time here. Rained three days in a row, imagine that!
err.gif

Calling for hard winds the next two days, then back to more rain.
bash.gif

Kraig, i really appreciate the photos man! This is awesome and definitely helps me with my quest. the box that your pictured with, does said person still have it?? Any way of getting some sort of dimensions on the box and a rough idea how big the graphix are? i dont want to impose, but i am looking to have a local outfit reproduce some boxes to sell. plus i am getting an original that i want to restore and have a crate for it, i thought that would be a cool addition for mine or someone elses restoration. Thanks again, Corey

Corey, I already have sent an email to Art inquiring about the box to try to get dimensions.
happy.gif

Just a curiosity question about the crate/box.

Were the originals the only ones that were crated and shipped like this? I’ve seen pictures of Quietlines on the metal shipping racks that were stacked 3 high, and had the wheels mounted.

Took the 882 right down the middle of the street yesterday morning in a about 9" of snow with the blade straight ahead and at full throttle.

It's a smoker, no doubt about that!
Anazing what these little tractors will push.

Scott, somewhere I have photos of the cardboard for a 1x2 shipping box. If I can find it I'll post it. Not sure when they changed to the 3 high stacked metal shipping crate (I posted that photo a week or so back)

Kraig/Corey,

Cub Cadets built by IH at the Louisville Works were always shipped in wood framed, cardboard covered crates/boxes right up to the end, similar to what's shown in the pictures Kraig posted. My #1 782 is one of the last 2000 built at Louisville and it came this way and I unpacked it and set it up. I believe that was the preferred shipping method MTD used for sometime after the sale of the Cub line.

Pictures of the triple-stacked steel shipping fixtures must of been some sort trial fixture IH was looking at to lower shipping costs. Fortunately, that scary looking setup was never used to ship Cub Cadets to dealers.

Ron, thanks for the shipping crate info!
greenthumb.gif

Corey, Art has informed me that he will be working on getting some additional info on the cardboard, hopefully sometime this weekend.

Back