• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 10, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwiggins

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Jason Wiggins
Marty,

Had a “big” Beach on the ground from hail storm last year, and another Leaner had to fell opposite lean,,, been working ot past year or so. Finally got some time off, Figured if I don’t clean up my lot now it’ll never get done!!! AG’s drag timber a whole lot better then turfs
happy.gif

Got that hunerd did yet?
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

324678.jpg

324679.jpg

324680.jpg

Jason - you KNOW that 149 will pull a bigger trailer load than that...
happy.gif

Great pics, brings back memories, I haven't cut like that for about 8 years.

Gerry - as of rite now, I own 2 trailers;

This one:

324685.jpg

and This one:

324686.jpg

err.gif

I’m sticking w/ the lil Jackson trailer/cart for Now...
thumbsup.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

Jason,

Hoping to finish the "hunerd" soon as I get all the trees cleaned up that have fallen in the past few months.
Last year was the wettest year ever, along with two hurricanes. I had water in my basement from the first one, and many trees down from the second one.
We also had an ice storm several weeks ago, which brought more trees down.

Along with that, the pastor of my church, my dad, and my grandma passed away within 36 days.

Needless to say, 2018' was not a good year for me.
I may have gotten knocked down, but I am not knocked out!
thumbsup.gif

I am just now starting to get back to a somewhat "normal" life.

I will say, looking at the posts on this website, and the kind words helped a lot. THANKS guys!!!

Sup Kraig - Noticed a Redheaded Wood Pecker way down here in sw Ohio while I was hauling timber on the 149.....

324690.jpg

324691.jpg

That’s the best Pic/Resolution I could get with this oLe 6S Plus,,,

irritated.gif
irritated.gif

——————————————————————————

Marty - Sorry to hear about the 2018 Troubles!!! Glad to know you are “Optimistic” concerning 2019
thumbsup.gif

Maybe the “30 trees to go” will stay still and not move until you get the hunerd did,,,
dunno.gif
lol.gif

Either way I was Wondering How’s ur method of getting timber from back 40 to Splitter,,,

I have a small 1.5 acre lot And shuffling big pieces I just 2” Nylon Strap’em over to the Splitter,,, I guess something more like serious logging would require cutting pieces down to manageable sizes in the field,,,,,.....

Can’t wait to see the 100,,,,
Shift.gif

Jason, mostly dealing with snow... Hard to tell for sure but that appears to be a Red Bellied Woodpecker. A Red Headed Woodpecker has a solid black upper back with a solid white lower back and belly. Here's a photo of each stolen off of the web.

324693.jpg

324694.jpg

Jason,

The "30 to go" are either already down, almost down, or part of it is down (broke off).

To get it out, let the wood dry for at least a year to lighten it up.
I use my four wheeler and a cart similar to yours to haul it out.

As for the splitter, it is a portable manual splitter. I upgraded from a double bit axe about fifteen years ago. Here is a pic of it....

324700.jpg
lol.gif

Jason,

Haven't been able to use my 128 to haul out any wood this year due to all the rain. I haven't seen anything but mud.
Speaking of which, it's raining now.
angry.gif

This is a fire axe from the 70's era that I put a fiberglass handle in. It works much better than the light weight double bit axe I used to use.
On rare occasions I have used a sledge hammer and wedge to bust oak with knots in it.

Figured I don't need a gas wood splitter, if I have made it fine all these years without one.
Once all the pine is gone from my property, I am switching to all propane heat.

You're not going to have any wood if you let your dog eat it all up!
err.gif

Jason, did your dog do all the shredding of the bark on that stump?
icon_eek.gif

Been out since 5:30 w/the 882 and blade.
Damned Ice underneath everything is the main issue here. The DIL has day care kids and some come in at 6AM already. I at least had a walking path cleared by then, the parents had to park on the street and wade in.

I have fallen on my a$$ a few times already yesterday as well as the day before.
It's been ibuprofen nights the last few for sure!!

The 1450 w/QA42A will get stuck in it's own shadow, even with chains and weights!!
Musta had at least 8" here, maybe even closer to 10 IMHOI may switch the thrower to the freshly overhauled 1650. It had BIG weights and a weight box now. Be a good way to break in the new engine for sure.

Kraig, i emailed you about some pictures that you may have. ,much thanks in advance!

Corey, I saw the email. I will see what I can dig up.

Corey, here's some of the cardboard Original box that Art Aytay rounded up, photos are from June 2002 the day that Art (with me tagging along) went to get it. Photos were taken in the dark basement of the implement dealer that had it.

324757.jpg

324758.jpg

324759.jpg

Art with the Original shipping crate cardboard.

324760.jpg

Me with it.

Back