• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 10, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balbrecht

displayname
Brian Albrecht
swear.gif

319412.jpg

Dad's 1450 gets 4 inches of blade clearance when raised. After"straightening" the rod, I swapped for good one from the qa42a that's still waiting for my attention. He bent it good, still not sure how.

I really appreciate the feedback. Mine only goes up about 1inch. My rod is 28 inches look long. Thank you everyone

Ed C.
Pull the tunnel cover and start checking spirol pins and or for a worn lift arm bracket that attaches to the hydraulic cylinder.

I did replace a couple of spiral pins. I will take the tunnel cover off and take a look. I love the hydraulic lift but it can be a pain

You might want to put a float lockout pin in that sucker. That mess under there likes to ear quite a bit over time.

Well the 100 definitely took the brunt of the hit. Axle shaft is bent at rim mounting flange, rim is bent and plastic Sears weight is going to fall apart I'm sure. I have a 4-5 inch side to side wobble. Most likely I'll end up replacing the axle shaft and related when spring arrives, Or go nuts and tear the thing apart and restore it. The latter is probably the best option.

Cops called but he took off soon as we dialed. Too plain of a pickup for them to find. Snow covered plate.
I'm really happy I decided to get this 100 from Tom Hoffman. Saved worse injury. Heck of a way to make me restore something though.

Earl, bummer about your Cub. At least you weren't hurt.

Broken bones, no. Huge bruised hip, yes. Maybe I should higher the school marching band to parade in my driveway when I'm pushing snow, lol. Hopefully only laid up for the next week at most. I miss my seat time.

I was planning on putting a 3 point on it and using to plow this spring. I could borrow the engine and stick in the complete 125 I have with a broken rod and use it for a bit. Sometimes having too many tractors makes decisions difficult! Or maybe I'll find another tractor to buy, lol
err.gif

Earl,

Rough deal man.....glad it wasn't any worse for you.....

I'm sure you'll have that 100 up and running in no time this spring!

No no no Charlie! Just to weigh some Kohler rods/pistions to compare to the aftermarket ones. But then again we wouldn't be using the same scale!
wink.gif

Using the parts lookup, I'm happy that the axle shaft on rear ends with internal brakes are the same. I have a couple of them sitting I'll have to open up and swap them out. I'll change the seal as well. Glad I bought that mess of parts and tractors now couple years ago, lol
Thanks for the well wishes all!

Jim S.
I can do that, LOL
Just give me a list of what ya want and I can sure weigh some up on the postal scale that just got re-calibrated for 2018.

Thanks guys for all the positive feedback. You've provided encouragement for a write-up on single-cylinder engine balance and how to check static balance on Kohler engines. I'll try to put something together that I could post on my website that could be used for reference material.

Mike F., I would be very interested in getting this K341 Kohler piston weight from you. Grams are the preferred units. Please weigh and separately list the bare piston, wrist pin with retaining clips, then ring set. If possible, any other Kohler piston assemblies from other engine models would prove valuable. I'll compile a list then we can make some real recommendations on checking and optimizing the balance factor for these engines.

I have to ask, what engines and possibly models, had the factory balance gears in them? Was it only k321 and k341 in the 1x9 series? I have a k341 not in anything and 2x 1450 that I'd really like not to blow up.... Most of my others are k241 or k301 equipped

Back