• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 09, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
You guys are exactly right, all restorations should look PERFECT........

Right up to the point where you hook them to the plow and pull the snot out if them!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 134
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 135
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 130
Nic -
biggrin.gif

Gerry (and Allen) - I've been eluding the overhaul you mentioned because it's been alluding me. I'm waiting for
fan.gif

Steve - Mr. Plow - nothing wrong with being behind a glass enclosure as Nic mentioned, and then bringing it out and pulling the snot of out them either, cause soap and water works wonders too.
roflol.gif

I guess Nic thinks my 169 Trailer Queen must be perfect (which is nice to know) but it does get a little dirty from the dirt tracks and dust at the show parades. Truth is I kept it as a collectors piece and because of my yellar n' white fever. I ain't got no place to use it where I live now. The lot my house is on is only 10,147 sq ft., and besides that it's pie shaped. I couldn't even turn the tractor around on the grass area of the front, and the back has more landscaping than grass. The tractor is just near and dear to my heart, took me so long to find, and 7 years to restore. It's just a sentimental thing
a_weep.gif

And besides that Nic thinks my posts are too long so I'm just adding words to annoy him.

Attachments

• a_weep.gif
    a_weep.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 136
  • roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 138
  • fan.gif
    fan.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 132
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 135
Nic - this one's for you. Maybe you remember the movie with the phrase "What we've got here is a failure to communicate" and then shortly there after this guy appears.
302199.jpg

Attachments

• 302199.jpg
    302199.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 302199.jpg
    302199.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 145
Harry, this place wouldn't be so fun without you. I just like to try a ruffle your feathers every now and again. (I do think your 169 is pretty darn near perfect...)

Nic, you can't ruffle his feathers they are all numbered and neatly tucked away...

I will admit Harry is normally spot on with his cub knowledge.

Can we see pics of that 1st built 169? That would be sweet to own.

Eric use the search bar and type in deestone, many guys use them here

Eric D. I've a set on the 782D and actually like the narrow size of them. Good traction. Mine are the 23 x10.50 x 12 ones.

Well apparently by Serial Number on the engine of my 169 it must not be the original and have been replaced by PO (there was only one to my knowledge).

I noticed the discrepancy when I posted but figured I'd report what I had.

1a_violin.gif

Attachments

• 1a_violin.gif
    1a_violin.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 148
Jeff, Tom and Tod - I had a message back and forth with Art. The list he posted was not the complete list. He snagged an earlier version in the post and will re-post after a 16hr day and once he has time to get MS Office access on his current pc.

As long as we're on the subject of the famous Model 169, the most powerful Garden Tractor built by IH up until Oct/Nov 1974, I found this on the e-pain site. I'm not promoting or recommending this unit, or anything of that nature. I did notice it has an updated hood hinge, and I wondered where he may have gotten 4 brand new original style Goodyear tires. Sure is a nice looking mostly original unit. I can't insert the link but you can search and find it using Item No. 252281442015

Harry, I just sent Art an email suggesting OpenOffice as a way for him to access the older MS Office files. I use OpenOffice on my laptops and other PCs to access my MS Word and Excel documents. Hopefully that will allow him to speed up getting us the info.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 134
I wonder why he blacked out part of the serial number, and 2 grand he is delusional.

I paid a quartet of that for my 169.

Jerry I will try to figure out the last 169 number just not sure if it is known.

Glad Charlie only locked and did not delete the 169 thread,

thanks Charlie this place is great

Jeff- A "quartet" of 2-grand would be rather expensive. Just saying.
fence.gif

Kraig- Thanks for the thoughts on open office, but it doesn't seem to play nice with the Winderz-10 that's on my computer. I've actually had pretty good luck just dropping the excel files into my Google drive and opening them up as "sheets", I think I just grabbed the wrong copy off the external HD. I'll do more digging soon.

As they say on TV, "More tonight at 10!"

Attachments

• fence.gif
    fence.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 135
Charlie
worthy.gif
worthy.gif

Jerry, looks like 529277 is our latest 169 number we will have to wait for Arts updated list.

Art can you post it in the 169 thread, that way it will be very easy for all of us to find when referencing back to.

oh yea a quarter sounds better that quartet
dizzy.gif

Attachments

• worthy.gif
    worthy.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 126
  • worthy.gif
    worthy.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 122
  • dizzy.gif
    dizzy.gif
    367 bytes · Views: 132
Jeff and Art - I actually think the starting bid price of that 169 on e-pain is fair. I thought he had a close-up pic of the hour meter and it was only showing about 200 hours. Compare it to a 40 year old used car with about 20,000 miles. Or compare a used 200 hour machine to a new sorta equivalent green machine. It's actually kinda cheap for a starting price. From what I can see in the pics it looks to me like it's showing about 200 hours of use.

Couple things that do sorta bother me.
It's got a Quiet Line hood hinge - but so what, it's a replacement after a couple years and he happen to get the QL version instead of the piano hinge original. And he happen to paint it the correct color???
I also see the little rubber seat pan bumpers appear to be taller than original. Again, probably no big deal.
But I also looked at the exhaust pipe coming out of the engine block and it's painted silver like the muffler. I just don't know if that's correct, or if that little stub pipe was painted by someone - or if we have something here that really isn't as it appears. Otherwise, the tractor just has the original look to me, and not a refurb look.

One other thing that could be checked is the tail light lenses. Do they have the original DOT 70 certification number, or are they the later replacements? If they are the 70 versions I have to think this is truly an almost completely original and low hour 169.

I guess there is one other thing to question. That seat. I know the pattern of the vinyl on this seat was used on the Quiet Line series. I was thinking the 169's came with a more narrow line pattern in the vinyl that went side to side. It does have the white metal pan which is correct. Does anyone know for certain what seat pattern the 169's did come with?

If that 169 has only 200 hours on it, it was used hard. Check out the cracks on the dash tower where it bolts to the frame. Also the muffler heat shield has big crack in it too. And why black out part of the serial number? That silver paint on the exhaust elbow would burn off with in the first ten minutes of full throttle operation. Maybe the guy put a new muffler on and painted it?
Just my .02 worth

Back