• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 09, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The muffler is one of the really early replacement Nelson's.
You can tell by the round Nelson Muffler logo stamped in it. And the way the exhaust pipe is attached and indented in the end.
302218.jpg

Attachments

• 302218.jpg
    302218.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 123
  • 302218.jpg
    302218.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 115
I know where a proper muffler can be ordered
whistling.gif
And Harry do you really think that's a fair starting price
icon_eek.gif

Attachments

• whistling.gif
    whistling.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 112
  • icon_eek.gif
    icon_eek.gif
    170 bytes · Views: 115
Doug - thanks for pointing out those issues with that e-pain 169, I took a closer look and now really agree with you. That crack at the bottom of the dash tower is a big give away that the tractor has some time on it. I didn't notice that before. It is a common crack you see and I think occurs when people grab and pull on the steering wheel real hard to get on/off the unit. There isn't a whole lot of metal there to take that twisting pressure.

And thanks to Charlie for pointing out the details of the replacement muffler.

Jeff - yes maybe it is priced a little high now that I see these additional issues. I'd sure like to see this unit up close. Lots of things look nice and lots of things raise questions. I still think it doesn't have a whole lot of hours on it. I think someone fixed it up and then used it for awhile, and then put it away for along time.

Lew - I've never seen a blow head gasket do that, show just a small area where it's blowing, but I don't know what else it might be except maybe a hole in the muffler, and it's likely not that because it looks like there are 2 black areas.

OK! I give up.....
Why did IH spec a 3/8" x 1" bolt for the right rear corner of the 126 tower???
And 3/4" for the other 3 corners?
Inquiring minds want to know....

David, good question. That first appeared on the 123. The 70/100 and 102/122 all have four 3/8"x 3/4" bolts. The 123 was the first hydro so perhaps it has something to do with that.
dunno.gif
Time for more research.

Attachments

• dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 111
Back