• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 08, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ethan - now we're getting into something. I don't understand what you're saying about the pulley being welded to the shaft. I have to assume you mean it's welded on the main input shaft on the right angle gear box. Even with that the thrower main mounting bracket should disconnect from the tractor. You should be able to release the "Quick Attach" latch and it should slide right off.

Guess we need some close up pics to see what you're talking about.

Also, about the small chain sprocket. One large washer on each side probably isn't enough but at least they should keep the sprocket from chewing into the aluminum sprocket mount bracket.

Ethan, here's A LINK to where I posted some photos and info about using shims to protect the aluminum chain tensioner bracket from wear caused by the thrust of the drive shaft. That's what Hydro is referring to. Click on the link and then scroll way down to the 4th post from the bottom and start reading and working your way up to whee I posted photos of the greasy mess.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 91
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 92
Ethan, one more thing, and I'll mention it before Steve Blunier does and I'm even going to use his nicely notated photo, be sure to install the drive shaft with the U-Joints in proper phase. Here's Steve's photo:

312602.jpg

Attachments

• 312602.jpg
    312602.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 312602.jpg
    312602.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 99
Ethan, back before I got the windbreaker cab for my #2 125, I would wear my full face snowmobile helmet when throwing snow. Worked great!
happy.gif
I posted this photo and info of my current snow removal attire back in 2013.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

The snowmobile suit was my fathers, it's from Montgomery Wards from the early 1970's. The leather boots are 1990's vintage Thinsulate insulated from Cabela's. The gloves are just non-insulated leather work gloves from Menard's. If it's real cold I might change up to a pair of insulated work gloves. The hat is a "Stormy Kromer" style insulated buffalo plaid hat with ear flaps that I bought back in the late 1970's at a store that used to be in Stillwater, MN called St. Croix Outfitters" Good thing I don't live in town where people could see me, they might think I'm odd.
icon_rolleyes.gif
facepalm.gif
You all probably already think (or know...
dunno.gif
) I'm odd.
lol.gif
But at least I stay warm and comfy.
proud.gif
<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

312604.jpg

<font size="-1">Oh and here's my favorite photo of my #2 125 in it's winter setup.
happy.gif
</font>

312605.jpg

Attachments

• 312605.jpg
    312605.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 90
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 98
  • 312604.jpg
    312604.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 109
  • proud.gif
    proud.gif
    926 bytes · Views: 88
  • lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 94
  • dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 89
  • facepalm.gif
    facepalm.gif
    898 bytes · Views: 95
  • icon_rolleyes.gif
    icon_rolleyes.gif
    485 bytes · Views: 89
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 92
  • 312604.jpg
    312604.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 93
  • 312605.jpg
    312605.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 112
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 90
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 93
  • proud.gif
    proud.gif
    926 bytes · Views: 89
  • lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 94
  • dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 95
  • facepalm.gif
    facepalm.gif
    898 bytes · Views: 92
  • icon_rolleyes.gif
    icon_rolleyes.gif
    485 bytes · Views: 95
Harry-yes that's what I should have said the pulley on the angle drive,yes that's what is welded but the angle drive with frame comes off the tractor fine maybe foolishly I just pulled the blower housing

Nice work Kraig!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I moved a little snow last night (In cheap Menards flannel lined jeans, if you must know
happy.gif
)and managed to get the cutting edge of the 54" blade STUCK in a sidewalk expansion joint.....so much for being nice and plowing the walking trail!!!! Took a pry bar to get it out!!!

Was angling the blade (knew better than to run down the walk way with it straight), and it dropped into a wide joint just as I swung it through straight on my way from left to right...what timing!!!!! Tripped the blade on the joint and cutting edge dropped deeper and wedged tight.....no wiggling, lifting, etc was moving it!!!

Probably wouldn't have happened on a IH 54", but the cutting edge is very tall on a Haban 54, and I had just flipped it over, so there was plenty of 1/4" thick edge sticking down below the blade frame to hang up.

AND.... for the record......I was not using BRS at the time, just tooling along about 1/2 throttle and 2/3 hydro......
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 87
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 85
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 90
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 86
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 93
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 97
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 81
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 87
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
Kraig-I snow blow with a walk behind as well and I use my snowmobile bib insulated over all (water/snow resist) and an army surplus ecwcs gortex parka and and I have matching gauntlets that go with the that coat and my cold weather insulated hunting boots I bought for my hunts in New Hampshire.love that snow rig by they way...am I breaking a commandment???thou shan't covet another mans tractor???

Kraig-I just checked out your link and looked at your picture there,that's what my bracket looks like minus the excessive grease

Steve, I bet if you tried to do that again you wouldn't be able to. Do you think it would have skipped right over had you been using BRS? Menard's Flannels? What, no frosty Carhartts?
happy.gif

Ethan, does your QA36 have the shims already? If so, someone either had the same idea I had or they stole my idea.
icon_eek.gif
The Stalk Mounted Lights, aka "SML", were on my #2 125 when I purchased it back around 1993. I don't think I would drill holes into the cast grill to add them but they are nice to have.

Attachments

• icon_eek.gif
    icon_eek.gif
    170 bytes · Views: 83
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 82
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 84
  • icon_eek.gif
    icon_eek.gif