• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 08, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Charlie. has this one been a record breaker yet?
I think we are closing in on one here for the most mornings below zero so far. Need about 8 or 9 more is all and they already have 2 more of 'em on tap for next week

OK, I love a little seat time with my 100 & 123 but put a fork in me. I'm done! I'm ready for spring!!!!!!!!!!
angry.gif

My neighbor said someone that she knew has spotted four robins. I guess that's a good sign that spring will be here soon. I think in this case the early bird will not get the worm. (they have to dig through about 2 feet of snow)
err.gif

Schultzie-

I think something has gone bonkers with the robins. Here in central NC they usually show up in March but I've had a yard full for about a week now. Buttercups are starting to pop out of the ground too. It's like spring is going to show up regardless of the weather.

We have more bad weather on the way this week with snow in the forecast.

About a 1/2 mile north of my property and down the bluff near the St Croix River there's a large spring that typically runs year round. It covers a very large area but is not very deep over most of it, only about 6" to 8" deep. Robins stay there year round as well, or at least have some winters. Several years back I went down there with my neighbor in the middle of the winter and was surprised to see several dozen Robins there at that time of year. Hmmm, perhaps I should make a hike down the bluff, which could be treacherous this winter due to the steep terrain, deep snow and extreme cold weather, and see if any Robins are there. One thing I have noticed this year is how many Cardinals have been hanging out at my bird feeder. I've lived here over 20 years and have typically had a couple pairs of Cardinals hanging around all year long. The most I have previously seen at any given time was 6 or so. This winter I have repeatedly been seeing 10 or more at a time and last Friday I saw 13 at one time all hanging around the feeder. I really need to keep the camera more handy...

They are talkin -20 here tonite, 35 miles west of Dubuque. If that weather Chic on ABC GMA wasn't so darn good lookin', I wouldn't even watch the stupid weather forcast...HMmm, wonder what outfit she'll be a wearin' tomorrow??!!....

Me thinks it's about time for a "Dear Ma Nature Letter"

Let's see......

Dear Mom N.
I haven't a clue what we have done to upset you so much this winter but jeeesh....enough already!!
OK, I promise not to use my fume belching weed whacker next summer and will not complain about the hot sticky days at the tractor shows and conditions too wet for plow days....er, I'll have to think on that last one a bit, I'll get back to you, OK?

Your devoted captive,
Dave

What are we gonna do later in the week Charlie when it is WAY above zero?????

Don't be looking for photos of that any time in the future. That would scare the crap out of young childern <font size="-2">(And most adults too!!)</font>

Charlie,
I think your hair is getting more grey since the last time I saw you.
roflol.gif

Minus 13 this A.M., wow up to plus 7 @ 4:20 P.M.!
Denny I heard Mad City H2O utility /welder had thawed out 85 residential H2O lateral service lines since the weekend as of yesterday. He'll be busy for awhile yet, as welder must be certified to do the thaw out on the H2O lines! We missed the usual January thaw!

Back