jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
my vote is the 149, and i have the same questoin as dennis about the hydro 582

rrschmitt

displayname
Ron R. Schmitt
Hugh S,

The 82 Series models have 1" front axles w/heavy duty bearings and fine spline rear axles that would be better for handling a loader. My $.02.

Got a 4-5 more inches of snow here in South Central Kansas overnight so will get some more seat time on the 149 this evening. My neighbors continue to be impressed at what a 40 year garden tractor with a front blade and chains can do.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Hugh, is this the 582?

283485.jpg

thoffman

displayname
Tom Hoffman
There is the "Standard" 582 and the one with the Peerless transmission is the 582 Special.

hsimon

displayname
Hugh Simon
Yes Kraig that is the 582. I took the rear end out of a 782 and put in it several years ago to help with snow removal.

bjamison

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Binder 1650
Noticed the firewood box was full today. Noticed some mud bits in the street. Noticed these cub tracks next to the wood pile...

283493.jpg

Looks like the Boys have been putting the 1650 to work - regardless of the ground conditions...
bash.gif

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Bill J.
Look at it this way!
At least you didn't have to TELL THEM to do it, AND it gives them more seat time this spring to fix it, LOL

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
You couldn't put a rut in the ground around here if you tried..........frozen hard as a brick-bat and down to levels we haven't seen in many years.....where is spring already?!?!?!?

bjamison

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Binder 1650
I need to unearth some details here. Might be a scandal afoot. Could I have a garden-GATE on my hands.....

Wonder if Nixon ever drove a Cub Cadet....

This Spring - that damage will have to be covered-up!!!

IHCC content - I'm being told the 1650 is running well, starts easy and doesn't knock or smoke and the headlights (in the dark of night) look like a those of a freight train.

rbeem

Banned
Hugh S,

I vote for the 149. Mostly due to the simplicity of it. Everything is easier to work on than a 582.
Add 1" spindles and all the "Super steer" upgrades.
Side panels are a PIA with a loader.
Do you have the loader? Which side the spool valve is on vs. what side your hydro lever is on may affect your choice.

I have a "work in progress" 129 loader tractor. I added a 3-turn worm gear to the steering box, super steer axle and 1" spindles.