• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 07, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eford

displayname
Earl Ford
Worst I had on dad's 1450 was the power wire fall off last year and blow the fuse(between fuse and switch) I fixed that up and he still loves having hydro drive and lift! He's been eyeing my 782 in his garage....
Along with the space to park a car!
Becareful Ethan, once you get one, you need 14 more!! I'd say watch your local auction listings, I got my 16 foot trailer and pickup bed loaded for around $80(I think) last fall. Got a 129, 107, 105, and most of a 1450 frame with 4-5 engine blocks and who knows what else. My cub list with my name states the models.
1AA_dance2.gif

Attachments

• 1AA_dance2.gif
    1AA_dance2.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 1AA_dance2.gif
    1AA_dance2.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 137
Hydro-yes sir that's true I was at a buddy's house wearing my ih trucker cap,he asked me if I'd be interested in a cub cadet i said yes so my buddy put me in touch with a neighbor of his.We meet with the neighbors a few days later we walked into the neighbors back yard And under a crappy old tarp sat the 125 under his deck.I looked it over and asked him how much,he said 50 dollars shocked I offered to give him more for it he said no he was just happy that and IH guy was taking it.we shook hands,and the rest is history.It took six guys and my buddy's old wheelhorse to pull it out of its resting place and push into my truck

Ethan not sure of your area, but around me I stay away from estate sales. I like consignment auctions best. I've been going to live auctions for around 12 years regularly and was really happy when I got my 2nd 1450, tiller, qa42a(needs refurbished), most of a cab, and 44a deck for $450 couple years ago now. I'm not saying this is worth that much or the like, just my personal preference on where to find decent deals.
4 years ago my buddy got a 169 fully running for $125... Good luck on your search! You might try any lawn and garden equipment dealer, my local simplicity has a 123 that just showed up in the back...

Edit;
Ethan I. I'm an old fart at 31, according to my 4 year old niece!

Ethan - I can hardly believe Kraig hasn't popped in to say something. The 125 is his favor-ite.

And another thing - six guys and your buddy's old wheelhorse is probably about right. Since you've got the 125 running now I'll bet it will pull those same six guys and the old wheelhorse into the truck.

When do we get pics of this 125??????
worthless.gif

Attachments

• worthless.gif
    worthless.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 136
  • worthless.gif
    worthless.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 138
Mechanical PTO clutch
Has anyone had a front mechanical clutch slip. When I was blowing snow earlier (am down now with a leg in cast) and got into heavy stuff the blower stopped turning or slowed way down. I thought the belt was slipping but it was tight. My next thought was the clutch, but I have not had or heard of a clutch slipping. The clutch does not have a lot of hours on it since I rebuilt it.
Thanks for any comments
Earl L

Hydro,
Slant Tongue.gif

Earl, if you didn't resurface the clutch plates it's more than likely slipping. Also, check to be sure the engagement rod is properly adjusted and isn't slightly depressing the center button. Oh, and make sure the triangle spring doesn't have one or more broken tips, I seem to recall there being a batch a while back where people had one of the tips break off which then wouldn't be putting enough pressure on the clutch disc and it'll slip. You should be able to see where it's slipping, belt or PTO, by doing the following: NOTE: Be sure to do this **WITH THE ENGINE OFF** and the PTO engaged, place your foot on one of the center paddles of the snowthrower auger and press down to turn the auger while observing the PTO and belt.

here is a pic so we can look for damage

312562.jpg

312563.jpg

312564.jpg

Attachments

• 312562.jpg
    312562.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 312563.jpg
    312563.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 312564.jpg
    312564.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 312562.jpg
    312562.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 312563.jpg
    312563.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 312564.jpg
    312564.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 150
Hydro-I'm doing my posting on my I phone I can figure out how to compress the images in my camera to the format needed for the forum could I email them to you??? And earl old fart at 31????what does that make me at 38????

Ethan K. both Kraig M. and I want to thank you for rescuing another 125.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 137
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 131
Ethan - I never figured out how to downsize pics well. Maybe Kraig - Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos can assist here. (He just posted that emotion of his 125 with teeth that's winking and sticking a tongue out)

Kraig - can you help Ethan out here? Either resizing his pics, or providing technical advise how he can format and resize pics on his phone. It's way over my head.

Hydro-kraigs alias is keeper of the photos so i hope I has some advise in multi media section

Ethan - you can send me one pic and I'll at least see what I can do. Kraig is probably busy with working and earning a living, but I feel certain will help out here somehow.

Ethan, don’t feel bad about the comment on getting the 149 a year before you were born. I used to get, “ I wasn’t even born yet” from a lot of my younger co-workers, which was most of them. As you probably know Scott is my son and he is 43. His #2 son (Ethan) always tells me I’m old and once made a comment that I was old and could go at any time. Scott got the cub fever when he was about 4 when I got the 149. He was always with me when I would work on it and road my left leg whenever I would mow. At about 10 he took over the mowing and hasn’t gotten tired of them yet.

Harry, none of the QL's we have, have a gasket in the spark plug hole. Looks like I need to order 6 form Charlie.

Ok, here's the long awaited pic of Ethan's 125. I compressed and enlarged it and it ended up kinda blurry.

I had expected this 125 would be a pretty rough tractor but it's still got an original seat that looks pretty decent - and he even has wheel weights (I think they're Gravely).

312573.jpg

Attachments

• 312573.jpg
    312573.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 312573.jpg
    312573.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 133
John-if I got that right your grandsons name is Ethan....awesomeness,I've only meet three other Ethan's in my 38 years

Hydro-the seat is original and was almost perfect until I forgot I had a wrench in my back pocket luckily clear duct tape can hide a multitude of sins.I can't vouch for the wheel weights they came on the tractor they fit the cc wheels perfectly there being held in place with some farm custom bolts(some one cut bolts and scabbed in some threaded rod to lengthen them)the welds are very sweet Even if it seems sketchy but that could lead to your theory of not being original,they look sweet on there I think.I'm glad I could get that pic on the forum

Back