• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 07, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaron, OK, more words come to mind. That is similar to the rear lift as used on the Allis Chalmers 616, 620 and 720 and the equivalent sister Simplicity Garden Tractors the 4040 and 9020. Except that the cylinder is on the left side.
happy.gif
Oh, and they used a cable link from it to lift the mid mount mower.

Steve B. Just remembered this. First time I saw a 1468 was at Dean Basset Inc. in Davenport. I remeber thinking "WOW!!! Cool looking only something tells me they won't be successful in the field."

Mike M. That will be one sharp looking little fella once completed.
happy.gif

Aaron S. Any chance of an adjustable front blade to make it into a V blade? Even a manual one for the Keepsake or Fancy's 1650 would be nice at times. Or since we've two 1650s just a regular V blade. That way I could use one Cub to do the initial break through the drift and the other front angle blade to do the clean up. Ian (my neighbor) and I would spend a whole day playing that way.
Shift.gif

Now I would use that blade, hey Aaron have you made any of those yet?

Charlie P. I've been on the lookout for one of those critters. Pretty scarce around here though.

Aaron, take a picture with that tunnel cover off. I'd like to see how you got 2 control valves in there with a driveshaft, fan, and all the hydro lines.

Heres a pic of the valve under the cover..... It is tight - driveshaft is 3/8" of an inch from the bottom of the plate.

294619.jpg

294620.jpg

Some new tires on our new 4" wide x 12" rims.

294621.jpg

294622.jpg

I know the one is backwards, its cause its from the other side. Tires are Verdestine 7-12's and are 27.5" tall. I like the height but wish they were a hair wider.....

As for that blade - it is really cool.. Wouldn't be hard to reproduce. If someone wants to send one, and give me time to reproduce it, they can be available for next winter. (of course the borrow would get his back and probably a new one free of charge.....)

Aaron - great looking stuff as usual (I miss my little Hypertherm and "Blue machine" when I'm in my winter residence). A comment on the V Plow - I built one years ago for an 8 horse MF hydro, complete with hinge center, adjustable for V, flat or angle left or right. My findings were that I needed a lot of front end weight in wet snow or I couldn't steer the little MF, the plow would pull it off whichever way it wanted to go. I'll be interested in how yours works out on the bigger Cub.

Back