• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 07, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I will soon be adding OIL. I had to come up with something to make the timming marks visible . so I put some of the reflective tape I got with my tack next to the marks.heres hoping it will still be there when needed.

235152.jpg

One thing I forgot to mention, when I was looking for the isolators for the 1650, I took another look-see at the deck and the spare deck shell that came with the tractor.

The deck that is "supposed" to go with this tractor per the PO is definately a 44C as I cleaned the tag a bit better for a look-see. The front lift bracket hoops are about 6ish inch apart, but the front lift arms on my tractor are around 11ish inches a part. The spare deck shell I have, I cleaned the tag, but don't see the deck model - but it looks almost identical to the 44C, except that the front lift brackets are 11ish inches apart. I'm guessing this is a 44A shell. This shell appears to be solid.

Question is - do these dimensions seem reasonable for the model numbers? It seems like I read there is a pulley diameter difference between the 44A and 44C decks - is that true?

The 44C deck shell is pretty shot, but the other shell, which I think is a 44A, seems solid.

Thanks!
Bill

Denny-
"IH developed their low ash oil back in the early 1960's"...

This is the part that I'm questioning. We know that oil has gotten MUCH better than the early 1960's, so maybe all oil is "low ash" (or better) by now?

Charlie-
greenthumb.gif

ART - I'm sure Viscosity has made some changes to IH's Low Ash oil in the last 50 yrs.

You may be very much correct that ALL oils today are considered low ash.

I always have to laugh.... many people on forums like YT etc are absolutely POSITIVE they have to use NON-Detergent oil now days in their old antique tractor engines.... I guess I'd use it on things like clutch pedal pivots, other plain steel bushings that don't have grease zerks. I keep a little can of "Three-in-One" oil in the shop just for applications like that.

And the other category of people want to use synthetic oil in their old worn out tractor.

Wayne-

Don't thank me, thank Discus...for some reason, text after a quote automatically gets bigger. It's always done that here for some reason...
confused.gif

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Wayne-

Don't thank me, thank Discus...for some reason, text after a quote automatically gets bigger. It's always done that here for some reason...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

<font size="-1">Yep, the only way around it is to use the \ -1{text</font>} <font size="-1">formatting to bring the font size back down. Though the font style can change depending on what PC it's viewed on. On my PC at work the font stays as Arial (I think it's Arial) but changes to, I think, Times Roman on my laptop.</font>
dunno.gif

Wayne, by holding the Control Key (CTRL) and using a scroll wheel on a mouse you can increase or decrease the size of the text on a webpage.

Back