• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 07, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlang

displayname
John Lang
Good Morning guys! Anyone getting any early morning snow moving shots this morning?

I have found a complete hydraulic lift assembly that is still on a parted out 122. It is in working condition. The price is not cheap but it is reasonable.
Does anybody have any experience about the dependably of a unit like this considering its age with no knowledge about how much its been used.
The local CC dealer said some of the parts are still available for it but not all.
If bought it will be installed on a 122.
Any advice or opinions will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill

Bill-
There's been quite a few narrow-frame hydraulic lifts have have gone to the scrap pile because of the spool valve return spring inside. I've bought one with one end of the spring broke off but luckily not run through the pump. I think there's someone on here that did get one that had the spring broke and the pump ate it and had one heck of a time finding replacement gears.

Best advice to avoid future problems is to buy a new spool return spring, I think they're somewhere around $20. At the same time pull the pump cover off on the inside and check the condition of the gears and the bushing on the idler gear. . . . . and it sounds like a waste of time, but take a picture or draw yourself one of the way the spring is assembled to the pump body, you'd be suprised how many ways it will go on and look right but not work the same.

Other than that I think the O-rings in the cylinder are replaceable, I've never done it but Steve Blunier has. And if you don't get a float lockout clip they're available through at least one of the sponsors, they're helpful at times.

As for dependability, if you take the time to look through it before you install it, it's VERY dependable. I won't own a narrow frame tractor without one, I had one on my 72 and 73, and the tractor I'm building will have one as well.

(Message edited by wcompton on February 07, 2004)

Ryan- Congrats on the son.

Charlie- I'll second your motion for Spring. I think after this week my @$$ has the imprint of the 1650's seat well imprinted. I'm getting tired of fixing the little things that keep going wrong with the snow equipment this winter plus I'm running out of places to pile the stuff.

Thinking out loud......if Mr Baker is building a 1/2 scale GT, will we need need to start having plowday in a sand box???

Ryan,

Cyber cigars to all! Congradultions on a fine boy. Hope you amd the wife are holding up.

My father and brother share a birthday, the day after Lori's.

Ryan
Congratulations to you and your wife.
Look's like you a little guy to be proud of there!

Steve B.
Good luck with your wife's delivery.
We tried the same thing when our son was born but ended up having to have a c-section anyway.
You just never know.

Jeff R.
With four daughters, you might want to add the shotgun and backhoe to the garage list.
(Old joke about the first date indoctrination speech to potential suitors,
for anyone who may be humor challenged.)

The guy in the Red, White, and blue truck dropped these off the the 12hp. zig grinder yesterday. Now I gotta' find another set of 8.50 rims.
15661.jpg

15662.jpg

I was asking about a size/dimention for the "Ol IH dealership signs. I'll just scale off this pic. Well ran across this. Look familiar Mike?
15664.jpg

Tom, those are sweet looking tires. Where did you find those? They look like they would work great in the snow.

Tom , I was at a dealer today that still has there sign like that up ,I meant to take the camera and forgot .I will be back there in a couple weeks and get some dimentions if you like.

Anyone have a pic. of the belly mount scraper blades? I found a few mounted pics on the CDs but not any of that show how the mount.

Art ,do you have any pics you can email me of your front mount mower? the mower + how it mounts and lifts. Thanks

Had a good day blowing snow and cleaning things up from pushing with the blade all week. The 109 really proved it might be a keeper. Had no problems with the QA42A. I did speed up the auger a little by switching to a 4" pulley instead of the stock one that measured 4 1/2". Was surprised that the local hardware store had one on hand with the correct bore of 3/4" and a 3/16" keyway. The PO of the tractor said that it smoked when running but once it got HOT it did not smoke. Plan on checking the oil in the morning once it is good and cool. The 10 hp had more snoot than the 582 has when I put the blower on it and the 582 is a 16!!!
clappy.gif

Had a thought when I was blowing that some day it would be neat to fashion a rear mount blower similar to what is mounted on a farm tractor and mount it from a sleeve hitch. Think that this may be a future project once I get all my other projects done including the "Honey Do List"!!LOL

(Message edited by hsimon on February 07, 2004)

Has anyone made a set of the blade wings for a cub? Would like to cut doun on the spillage. Am wandering how big will work and still let snow roll off of the blade ok.

Jerry-
With the light snows you'd get out there I'd imagine the sky's the limit for blade width. My cousin in Bozeman moves snow with a little CJ-5 and there isn't much of that light stuff he can't handle. With my 54" blade at full angle and in wet snow I find that even with tri-ribs on my unpaved drive the blade overcomes my steering.

I am having a charging problem with my 128. The ampmeter usually shows a slight charge, but it is not enough to keep the battery up. When I ground the "F" terminal on the starter/gen, the gage goes over much further. Is there a way to adjust the regulator, or should I just go ahead and get a new regulator.

Jerry B,
I don't think they ever made anything that I can find for 42" blades other than the Original, I'm sure Kraig will show me the error of my ways though, grin

15668.jpg

15669.jpg

Travis sells these,
15670.jpg

David,
I'm not an expert but the problem can be your voltage regular, adjusting it might solve your problem. It worked for me.

Bill

Had some nice surprises lately.
When I push the snow out of my drive, I also do the sidewalk the length of our block and the crosswalks at each end, partly because we have an elementary school across the street. On Monday and Tuesday this week, I also did the drives for some of the neighbors who get home late. I've done Desi's a few times this winter. Today he showed up with a couple of deep-dish pizzas and a 12-pack of some kind of beverage in green bottles from Holland. I'll investigate some of those in a few minutes.
A couple of days ago, another neighbor came out and helped me push the 109 back up out of a ditch. I couldn't "read" the ground under the snow, and dropped a front wheel off right at the end of a culvert. Ag tires don't work very well in reverse going up a hill.
Yesterday morning before I went to work, another neighbor was using his push snowblower to clear the sidewalk in front of our house.
It's nice to be appreciated.

The investigation has begun. First one tastes pretty good.
Just moved the 147 out of the garage and into the shed, and the 109 with the blade into the garage. Yesterday at school, I put four gallons of -25 degree washer fluid (89 cents per gallon on sale at Menard's) in each of the 8.50 turf tires. On the way home, I got the bolts and nuts for the 26# weights I just painted to go on tomorrow, then the chains will go on. Backing up will hopefully be a lot easier. For right now, I have 9 PSI in each tire. Does that sound like a good starting point? Can I get by with another gallon in each of the tires?
I also put 5 gallons in each of a set of 10.50's for the 147. Could I use six?

Back