• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 06, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hydro-don't tempt me I'm already looking to add a quiet line,wide frame to my budding stable and if the wife will tolerate more of my nonsense an original...I'm bit bad by the cc bug

Ethan - "don't tempt you". Did you click on the blue letters of John Nicklas name in his post below and see his 1650!!!!

Harry,

Dad will appreciate your kind words for that 1650. It's really nice and a later addition to the fleet. We actually have 3 1650's. We don't know a lot about that one. But I have a 1450 and Dad's 782 and I believe they both have their factory electric PTO's. The 1450 is a 77 and the 782 is an 80. My 1450 is my tiller tractor and does run a mower quite a bit.

A bit more information on the 149 he mentioned the PTO on. This was our only tractor for many years. It ran a tiller a lot since we tilled several other gardens besides our own. We used it all summer to till our garden and mow 3 properties once a week. We still have this tractor and it's still a worker but the 782 and a 1450 and 1650 have picked up most of the mowing and they no longer till gardens. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if there were 2000+ hours on that PTO. The engine is on its 3rd rod/piston/ring set......

Wow-John your 1650 is beautiful,that's a piece I hope to aspire to.My cub is a little more.....barn fresh.I'll have to figure out how to post pictures of my beast

Harry, Scott gave you a little background. I have had to do nothing with the PTO on the 1650. As Scott indicated I have 5 QL's and 1 782 and have had no problems with the PTO. On the other hand, we worked om Scott's 1450 or 1650 a couple of years ago and had to remove the PTO. We had one heck of a time getting it readjusted.
Ethan, thanks. That was taken a couple of years ago and it still looks good but does have a little ware on the appearance.

I bought my cc125 on November 5 2016 for the princely sum of $50 it hadn't been moved or run in ten years,so far I've painted it,new tires,battery,repaired the hydro lift system,tuned the engine,new air filter,changed the fluid/filter on the hydrostatic trans,new fuel bowl,added my qa36 blower over hauled that,repair the headlight wires(mouse chewed)and rebuilt the pto and many,many other things that don't come to mind right now.The next morning November 6th I rigged my camper battery to the battery tray spliced some new battery cables in place and put some fresh gas in the tank,two shots of ether in the air cleaner and it fired right from there I've been impressed and hooked on the rugged reliability of these awesome machines just I little background info on how I got into this fascinating and rewarding hobby

Ethan, sounds like you have a good start on seeing how these are put together and how well they hold up. Sounds like you are going to be like most of the other members on the forum. You buy one then you want another and another and so on. That’s basically how I started. Bought my first cub, a 105, in 1973, found it was under powered for what I was doing and the tiller was wearing my arm out, manual lift. Found the 149 in 1978 and still have it. Was always looking whenever I would see yellow and white sitting in a yard or behind a house. Scott found the 782 in 2003 and that became my 2nd cub. Since then I have added 7 more, I still look but I am out of room to keep them and my wife gives me that funny look that means “you don’t need any more. After 46 years I still need to keep her happy. So keep looking buy what you can and keep adding to your herd. Keep as many from the scrap dealers as possible.

John-my neighbor works at a scrap yard and I've asked him if you see anything that looks yellow,with or red to save it from the crusher until I can look at it and sorry to do this to you but,you got your cc149 the year before I was born.You've got that right any time I travel recently I always keep an eye pealed for that glimpse of yellow peeking out from the shadows

Ethan - you've got a hydro lift on your 125!!!!! And you got (STOLE) the whole unit for $50!!!!

No wonder you got the yellar'n white fever.
yikes.gif

John and Scott Nicklas - what ever you do make sure you've got a rubber grommet in the spark plug hole on those Quite Line AQS engines. You don't want the air blowing out the hole instead of across the head to cool it.

If you don't have the rubber grommets Charlie used to have them "Before the Great Fire". Said something about having a gross or 2 in a semi trailer.

Attachments

• yikes.gif
    yikes.gif
    977 bytes · Views: 108
  • yikes.gif
    yikes.gif
    977 bytes · Views: 116
Yes! Pretty easy.
angel.gif

147 frame, 1450 engine..... OH but the hydraulic lift was a bit of a pain and required a custom drive adapter to fit between the K321 and Super Cub 6-pin clutch driver.

OH and you'll need a key switch from something like a 1086 to fit in the key switch hole and pin just like a 1450.

IH parts CAN be just like building with Legos, you just gotta keep looking for the right pieces.

Attachments

• angel.gif
    angel.gif
    222 bytes · Views: 117
  • angel.gif
    angel.gif
    222 bytes · Views: 111

Latest posts

Back