• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 06, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

memorgan

displayname
Mick morgan
Now I'm laughing my a$$ off...I was havin a bad day!! U guys r to funny....I love the forum. And my Cubs
bannana_guitar.gif

But Kraig, their not the exact same size and now I'm getting cross eyed looking at them
crazy.gif

Kraig your too good to me. Is that font the correct IH yellow and red?

Kraig - Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos - You're the BEST!!!!! (no matter what Charlie says).

Now I can SEE the "dip" in the standard head, and the "flat" area in the LP head, and really do understand the discussion.

Do you happen to have a pic of a PP Head? They usually have carbon all over the combustion chamber, sometimes still have the plug in place, pieces of the gasket still attached, along with other crap.
roflol.gif
roflol.gif

Marlin thanks for the response about my PTO, I found lots of info on heat treating etc, but I still can't believe I can't find that triangle spring when its still available in kit form, somebody must be making them, unless the kits are New Old Stock, and will not be produced again. I'm 70 years old and on a very limited retirement after spending 35 years fighting fire for the City of Pittsburgh, and $60 to me is way out of the question for that kit, when all I need is the triangle spring.

David S.
My 100 had to go to a head that has the sparkplug over the exhaust valve. I had to modify the tin a little since I change the sparkplug location.
293926.jpg

My 100 is a 1964 model and had a LP head on it. I removed the original 2 piece cam and installed slightly bigger cam than the original cam (lift and duration). Valves were hitting the head.

I suppose I could do that. But I would have to cut 2 holes then, one in the top lid for the engine and one in the muffler shroud.

The head, tin and shroud set up should be the same as a 125?? I think??

Maybe Kraig has some good pic's of a 125 and a 126 for comparison sake.

David, here is a link to a photo I posted of my Killer Kohler that is in my #2 125. Link I had to modify both the head tin and the muffler heat shield/mount. When I get home and back on a PC instead of this silly iPod Touch I'll see if I can find photos of what should be in a 125 or 126

Kraig - Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos - thanks for posting the LINK below to your #2 125. I found something else I hadn't seen before on the same vault page.

Frank C - you ole "Lazy Frank" Mainer (quote title is your own words posted at the link Kraig provided). You posted this pic of your lazy susan spinner which is actually a novel idea for painting wheels BUT I SEE something else that spins in the upper left corner just touching your towel and cashew/peanut can!!!!! Is that what I think it is???????? Wish I had those fancy red line arrows that Kraig uses.
293933.jpg

Harry: If you think it's a suicide knob, you're right. All (I think) our tractors have them.
happy.gif

These are as good as you can get:

293937.jpg

I think I got my information from this guy:

293938.jpg

That was during a "cold snap" that lasted just a little too long.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Just to stay a little on track here...did anyone notice the spinner that Frank has, has its base painted CUB CADET YELLOW ?
whistling.gif

Latest posts

Back