• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 03, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie - hope those neighbors had some cookies and milk for little Sam. Looked to me like he just kept going and going and going for the whole city block at least.

Shultzie - thanks for posting the videos mowing snow. Couple things I noticed. Ya just bout run into the neighbors van with the 100 on the 1st one. Comparing 1st to 2nd, No question it's a much smoother ride on the Hydro 123 than the 100 Gear Cruncher. On the 3rd one - well, did ya bury the neighbors door or was that just a confluence of shadows?
biggrin.gif

Charlie,
By any chance did the 125 come from Kentucky. I knew a gentleman who had one that was just as nice with a nos seat. He passed away a year or so back and thought his sons were to inherit his collection. Just wondering.

JOsh S. I've never met Bill and yes, we are related. I grew up near Bennett and my ex and I farmed near Sabula. The 682 was traded for an 1810 when Dan Kunau said that we coudln't get an oil filtered engine (we could have only he wanted our 682). Turned out the put a filtered engine into the 682. It was one of the last IH built 682s with that Series I engine and a rod went out. The guy that bought the 682 literally ruined it by trying to mow huge bull thistle patches. All four tires were like sieves. He sprung the mower deck. He had it about a year and traded it for a new John Deere. I found out that his family is the kind that beats the crap out of their machinery. I think he was killed a few years later when him and his sons were riding on one of their JDs in the pasture chasing cattle on a hill. Going too fast, the tractor hit something and tipped over killing the father instantly. The sons jumped or fell off to safety. I actually think the 125 that I have now is the same one that Carol and I traded in for the 682. I think it founds its way back to via evilbay years ago. A young man in Stering, Illinois had it for sale. It has a Kunau delaer sticker on it from the Preston Store.

I think Schultzie is trying to get some film footage so he can get some producers to start filming him for episodes on The History Channel. Schultzie and his Cub Cadets. A cross between American Pickers and Fast and Loud and Counting Cars.
Shift.gif

Hydro,
Nah, I was nice.

Marlin,
Hey, I like your idea. How about counting cars and Cub Cadets? Unfortunately so far I have more Cub Cadets than cars.
1a_scratchhead.gif

293877.jpg

Shultzie - here's another one you can count. According to the plate it may have been up Charlie's way - but lets just say I know where these are so when you go on your road trip for the shows, let me know and I'll give ya directions.

293881.jpg

293882.jpg

Thanks for the background Marlin. Kinda frustrating that your old 682 met such a fate. Too bad you didn't know what happened to the old girl to reunite with it. Prolly would need a lot of work, though. Still would be neat to find the ones you bought new. I know Bill and Shirley are getting up there in years. Bill made the comment he'll never leave DeWitt.

How's the powr'n pup (sp?) doing. Last I saw it was at Dave Kamp's house shortly after he unloaded it from getting it back from out East. Need to give Dave a call myself. Haven't talked with him in awhile........

Josh S. Apparently the 682 was traded in DeWitt at the Green Guys Dealership. The farmer had traded in a very beat to death 100 for the 682. He said the greenie tractor was twice the tractor that a Cub Cadet was. Of course he hadn't used it to mow down huge bull thistles yet. Bill's wife Shirley used to write for the Quad Cities times if I recall. The Pow'r Pup is awaiting spring time and I HOPE to have it up and running by the end of summer. I want to take it to a couple of Plow Days. Have you ever been to Kunau's Preston dealership? If not try and go. It is like taking a step back in time. Really great people at both stores. I miss eastern Iowa.
happy.gif

Schultzie. I like your videos. I can see you now. Driving a 1960s era IH straight truck with a flat bed. You're making a trip up to Park Rapids, Minnesota to visit Charlie and scouting for places to pick for Cub Cadets and old IH Scouts and IH pickups. Of course you'll need a sidekick (Josh Spicer) to ride along. I know that Angel, Fancy and I would watch the show.
293885.gif
<font color="0000ff">Schultzie's Search For Trucks & Tractors.</font>

Hi everyone I just wanted to thank Charlie for his advice on replacing the coil. I was having trouble with my 1650 whenever I would have a load on the motor she would want to stall but would recover if I took the load away. I checked the condenser,fuel filter, spark plug I also cleaned the carb. I really appreciate all the advice this site has to offer.

Marlin,
Never been up to the Preston store. Only been to DeWitt. The parts guys know me by name.
a_blink2.gif
And they also know what they're doing, unlike alot of places today. I'll have to check out Preston one of these days. Shirley still writes a weekly column for our local paper, The Observer.

Shultzie,
Need vids. Those are neat cameras. Wonder if it would survive going through the thrower? That would be a different perspective.
uhoh.gif
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back