• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 03, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul- That looks awesome!! Did you make the track and rail system?? That really looks nice.

Lewis Do-Da - well, if you knock or otherwise remove the pin for the pivot bar, and the holes do in fact line up, then I suppose you could use a 2" long bolt from the inside of the frame, and still be able to attach the pivot bar on the "A" suffix thrower. You'd probably have to grind the threads smooth for the last inch or so, or risk the pivot bar bugger'm up.

Now, on those tail light lenses, hmm - new in the box/package or new to you? And is the chip on the inside mount section?

Tyler, yes, I made it all. That's 160 pads with 4 holes drilled in each pad. It took a while but I enjoyed it. You can't tell in the picture, but it has "bogie" wheels on it -- 3 on the bottom and one on the top.

Paul-

Doesn't a project of that magnitude get a name?...a unique model number?

Great work!

I think we'll all need some action pics soon.

Paul,

Looks good. Interesting that it appears to still be a gear drive cub. And yanking on the brakes to get it to turn is an interesting concept. I hope your good at replacing brake pads.

Your fab skills are fantastic.

Any chance a 12hp crank will work in a 10hp block?}

Don T, if I remember correctly a weak spark can be caused by point gap set too high not allowing the coil field to fully collapse. Since you have a few other Cubs in your stable, I would consider also taking the coil, spark plug wire, and plug to another Cub and see if it will work there. If not you can then substitute each of the 3 items from the running unit until you find the bad part, although you may have already done this and I missed reading it.

As a thought, has anyone ever used a dwell meter on a single cylinder, I personally think this is a much better way to set timing but have never tried it on a small engine. In fact I don't know the last time I used mine, probably on the VW Rabbit my daughter had when she was 17 (She's now 41).

Matt S.-

That depends on what you are trying to do. The stroke is different, so if you're trying to replace one with the other, the answer is no.

Latest posts

Back