• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 02, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aschumacher

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Allen Schumacher
Looks like the Cub cadets from Seattle just mopped the floor with the units from Denver !
yikes.gif

Farmall Land:

283323.jpg

283324.jpg

LOTS to see there....and all top notch stuff too!!!

Allen and Art - I'm a really old time Vikings fan, but with my move out here Seattle was smart and just brought out a couple Vikings to bring me into the fan mold. How bout that Percy Harvin? Dang is that kid fast!! I'm sure glad I got "infinitely variable speed" on my Hydro CC so I can keep up. As for Denver, it seems like the Broncos are really just some oversized Deere that kept sputterin' out. I've seen alot of SuperBowls that were blow outs and got boring, but this one even being a blow out was a really great game by a really great and young team that's gonna be a contender for a long time to come. As for Payton, he is truly one of the greatest and I suspect will be back for another try at it.

And just to remain mostly on topic - it's great to hear you guys in the midwest are in for some more fun. Make sure you got your breathers un-clogged, and your oil weights correct, and your blades and throwers in the ready - she's coming at ya again!!!

I knew those pictures would take everyone's mind off the cold weather.

Charlie. If she lived around here all the garden tractors would have dented hoods from running into trees.
Shift.gif

STEVE B. - I thought Farmall-Land had a craft area or something for the girls to look at, sit and relax while the guys looked at all the great tractors.

About 18-20 yrs ago Wife, SON, & my Nephew all went out west, Mt. Rushmore, Bad Lands, Devils Tower, Custer's battle field. And one afternoon, we visited "OSCAR's Dream Land". Guy had been an Allis dealer from back in the 50's & 60's, so there was a lot of orange paint, but he had THREE HUGE Morton buildings, about 80X150 packed so tight with tractors, that if there was one ten feet into the maze of tractors, you had to climb over a couple tractors to get a closer look. Everything from steam tractors to late 50's vintage, maybe a couple early 60's. Think he advertised something over 300 tractors but it had to be much higher. After 3-4 hours I was in "Antique Tractor OVER-LOAD".

Place is no longer open, glad I got to see it when it was open. It wasn't busy that day either, besides the four of us, think there were only 2-3 other people there.

http://www.farmcollector.com/steam-traction/dreamland-museum-the-late-oscar-o-cookes-amazing-steam-engine-collection.aspx

ALSO STEVE - Sounds like the big storms Tom H. mentioned yesterday are going further south now. BUY MORE tractor gas!

Does anyone have pictures or a drawing for putting an electric motor on snowblower shoot? I believe people have been using cr window motors.

Just got back in from throwing 5" of the wettest heaviest nastiest snow fall we've seen this year. I spent as much time unplugging the chute as I did tossing the stuff. Finally hit upon the combo of 2nd gear, creeper in and w.o.t. and just don't stop! I got in 2 good passes, did my sidewalk and the neighbors and had enough of that!
biggrin.gif

Tell them neighbors to mind there own business or you blow it all into their drive.

David, here's a Killer update. I poured the oil that I drained out on Saturday back into the drain pan to observe it for any grey streaks as you suggested. It had what I would describe as a blue/grey tint with amber streaks.
sad.gif
It was a lot darker now as it had mixed with the sludge that was in the jug. I then started Killer up and cleared some snow around the edges of the driveway to warm the oil and it ran perfectly. I parked it in the garage to perform the test of rotating the crank backwards by hand until I hit the compression as you suggested and then rocked it back and forth. I did not detect any slop or play in it. I then drained out the oil to hopefully get rid of any residual contaminants. That oil looked good with no grey streaking (as would expect seeing that it had only been run for about 10 minutes) and there was no sign of any metal bits on the magnetic drain plug. I then filled it back up with fresh 10w30 synthetic oil, started it up and drove it back to the shed. Hopefully any damage is minimal. Time will tell.

Mike F., do you have the discharge chute coated with a good coat of paint or better yet graphite paint? If it is at all rusty it will plug up more frequently. Even in wet sticky snow with a coating of graphite paint on the discharge chute it's easy to unplug, just lift and drop the snowthrower and the bump will dislodge any snow and you're on your way never having to leave the seat.
Shift.gif
buttrock.gif

Nic, I think you read Mike's post the way I first read it. Read it again.
happy.gif

I'm expecting more snow tomorrow so I filled the gas tank and checked the oil. When I pulled the dip stick out I noticed the tube has oil mixed with water coating the inside. The oil looks fine on the stick except on the very end where it dragged on the tube coming out. Should I change it or is it just condensation in the tube and nothing to worry about till I take care of this next snow storm.

Denny,

Ironically, I bought fuel yesterday afternoon. With both machines full I was down to 4 gallons in 1 can. I like to keep 15 gal. or so on hand in the winter for snow removal and emergency generator use, especially when it's this @#$% cold.......good for the natural gas biz, bad for everyone/thing else!!!!

So I threw the roller chain on my QA thrower. Got kinda' buggered up plus is been on there since....who knows when. So I called up Farm and Fleet and 12 feet of chain is $12.99. Well I don't really need 12' of chain so I called the local Cub Cadet dealer for a new one. Guess the price for the 51 links not including the master link???

$35.99.....is there a prize?

I spoke with Ken Mchone, he is alive and well just busy, I told him to stop back in..

Back