• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 02, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kraig-
I ordered mine through Cambell Supply in Waterloo, IA. It's a Proto MIL-spec wrench with a certificate of calibration for <2%. Much more than I need, but definitely the last one I'll buy (at least for that torque range). So far I've found with accuracy is it's all "listed in the specs" but when you want it in writing there's only a couple like Snap-On, Matco, and Proto., and there's usually a 2 week wait on certified ones.

1 1/2" high speed snow storm last nite. I was outside unloading the work truck with only a few rain drops but when I went back out an hour later there was 1 1/2" of fun stuff.

Weather guessers were not predicting it. Only a couple of flakes.

Got caught with the cub and other plows not ready.

Had to do my contracts first which lasted until 2am.

Pushed some snow with the faithful 129 this morning.

When I got home, the neighbor(work-comp supported lazy bum)from down the street had attempted to clean the sidewalk with his crapsman. HA HA Left a mess.

Got out ole faithful and made short order of the block long walk. Can't wait until he gets back home and observes what a real tractor can do. All he left was ice and mounds of snow.

The 129 w/weights, chains and blade took care of his mess easily.

Did I read somebody was tired of seat time. Somebody better check Hugh's temp. Never enough snow to play in. Got to have enough to exercise all the fleet.

I have a friend who just picked up a 73 ...and he is wondering about how many 73's were made ? any and all info is appricated...thanks Rob

SNOW 4 SALE !!!!
Come get all you want for no cost to me!
Have aquired 5 hours seat time in past 2 days pushing around 14 inches from latest snow storm.
If you have a truck and trailer you can haul twice as much for the same price = free!!

(Message edited by lbuttke on February 03, 2004)

Rob-
Here's what "the charts" say about your friend's 73..
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

7,678 UNITS MADE REPLACED 72<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Art .....Thanks for the info do you have a listing for each model ...as in how many made ? thanks Rob

I think I'm getting my $100 worth out my blade
lol.gif

15559.jpg
15560.jpg

Paul A,
Not that I'm aware of, but Bryan says I ain't right bright anyway!
Those blades to have a DO NOT TRIP catch on them though, just in case you get brave!!!!

Can anyone tell me what the sheet metal cap is (thing that looks like a freeze plug) that seems to cover the end of the governer shaft in the axial direction? Should I pull it off? I understand that I need to remove the phillips head screw and brass washer. I would like to get the block machined and cleaned up for paint. I need to make sure I pull everything off that needs to come off.

Paul A.
Yes, they did make a 42" non trip blade, but it was only for an Original, and different than the one in the parts diagram Charlie posted. You could also put a spring trip blade on an Original using the items in the 1961-62 block of Charlies diagram

OH WYATT!!

i finally got a scanner...
a toy i had years ago.... went like a scalded dog...
15564.jpg

15565.jpg

and to keep it On Topic
What wrong with this picture?
15566.jpg

AL casting is on upsidedown.....

Quick-Attach had not been latched, resulting in tractor falling off end of snowthrower.
Looks nice, Scott.

Steve gets the box of twinkies... definition of "sucks" is when you drive that roll pin in the gear on the QA with a bench vise, a bolt and a socket, only to realize when you step back to admire your work that you've blundered....

that sawhorse will handle 500 lbs... very stable and beats getting paint on the 'good' Black & Deck'um workmate....

Hey, anyone got a pic or a drawing from one of the manuals of the hydraulic lift lever on x82 series tractors? Prefer to use email in profile, if possible. Thanks in advance!

Scott-
'79 Turbo RS, nice. Was it a factory "wingless" order, not many of those at all, I like it!

Was your oil pan baffled from the factory?

RE Cubs-
The 169, barring a serious lack of ambition tonight should be back up & running, head gasket torqued, blade attached and "Points Saver'd".

Frank - I just need a break from moving snow so that I can get some other projects done is the main reason that I'm sick of the snow. I have had the engine out of the 1450 for almost a month with no progress and an Original that I was going to put together over winter and haven't even started on it. Looking like the Original might have to wait now until next winter. Plus almost every time I have gone out to move snow this winter I've had some type of break down so the repairs get old in a hurry.

Back