• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 02, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
charlie..
those pics are not from oswego, but as john said, from the great white north... this, however, is from oswego county, just north of central square..

a guy i work with had this machine, and had to use it because his 4x4 w/ plow was worthless..

15551.jpg

built behind the cheddar curtain at OshKosh, this machine sports a GM 6-71 two stroke for the truck, with a separate cummins turbo-diesel for the blower. the blower has 3 8ft augers, with a fan and hydraulically articulated chute... made no time of the now, which amounted to 86" last week alone....
15552.jpg

15553.jpg

Tedd -

Hey, whatcha want with a gear drive QL anyway, I'll take it instead
lol.gif

Calvin L. -

Not much of a following??? If THAT doesn't bring Hydro Harry out of hiding, nothing will...

I've got a 1450 and it is one sweet running machine. Just like anything, maintenance is important. Keep your isomounts up to snuff and perhaps use a later style engine cradle or weld a cross brace on the existing rails and you should be good to go.

I'm sure your friend's thoughts are those of someone who dealt with them all day. Lord knows I absolutely HATE computers by the time I get home
wink.gif

Calvin, Kenny, Bryan, and Tedd,
I have a 1600 and I think it's pretty sweet. <font size="-2">(But I have been known to say I like gear drives too!)</font>

Scott T and others,
Your right they are not from Oswego proper, I meant to say north of the Oswego area, sorry bout that. Well! That's what he said in the email anyway.

Scott, Now that rig looks like a real blizzard maker!
Harry is still kicking, am getting mail from him. Think he is rusting away over there.

charlie... no big whoop..
the snow depth was neat to see, although, the machine they were using was kinda small for the area they were clearing... with all of the railfans on this site as of late, i thought we'd see samples of the locomotive mounted centrifugal blowers posted....

My wife asked an interesting question the other day and I did not have an answer. Do they have to remove snow from train tracks. What is the answer?

Jonathon L......yes snow can derail a train. It needs to be removed. The Central Pacific learned this lesson about a 150 years ago when working in the high sieras. Does any have any pics of CC in action with "mountain snows" like the RR battle with the rotary plows???

Jonathan -

HAVE to? Not necessarily - depends how much there is. Nothing really clears down to the railhead anyway, there's usually a couple inches on top of the tracks even after it's been cleared.

Switches are another matter - the UPRR here uses switch heaters to keep the points defrosted. These use ducted hot air. I remember when the C&NW ran things, the slip switches at the Chicago terminal were defrosted with gas jets - it was neat to see all these flames glowing up at the terminal's throat.

I will say, though, that the first train in the morning is a bumpy ride, as the wheels push the snow on the rails forward, eventually compressing it into a lump of ice. The wheels then have to ride over this lump, feels like you keep hitting things...

I don't know about anyone else but I'm tired of snow for awhile. Spent time the last 3 days moving the stuff and fixing little problems as they occured. Plus I think the 1650 is ready for a rest after push all the snow. I have come to the conclusion though that the plow operators for the city wait until I have the 1650 put away and am in the house and then they come sneaking around and leave their gift to me in the end drive.

HELP ! Does anyone have a picture or diagram of a 42 snow plow for a 149 wide frame I need to find some parts!

THANKS

Notice that the manual pic is of a Narrow frame subframe, the real pic below the manual pic is for a wide frame.

THANKS CHARLIE ! Did they make a non spring tip blade in 42 ?

Jonathan L-- In regards to the company w/ the flat grips, If you are interested in these or any of the other products on the site, let me know & I may be able to help. I work for the company. Kinda surprised to see us referenced here!

Dan- How about finding us a product and price on the hyd. lift handle cover for the '82 series tractors?

I am sure that somebody here would take measurements if you need them.

Ryan-- I'll see what I can do. But, I'm gonna need dimensions & maybe a pic, if someone can oblige... Sorry, but I don't have a lot of time to search archives!

Latest posts

Back