• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 02, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey All,
I need a clue to how to pull the govener gear out of my k301. I've got the whole motor torn down except for this. The Kohler manual is unclear to me. The CC manual is useless on the detail. I see what looks like a freeze plug where the gear shaft could be acessed. I hesitate to pull it out for fear of damaging it.
Anyone have a clue on this?

WELL, looks like I was going to get hosed by Grainger!

Ordered a new torque wrench out of my #394 catalog, price was $161. APPARENTLY they tried running my credit card again since their new price was $187, somehow someone was watching out for me and they didn't get the extra cash, and I guess they thought they'd just get back to me about it oh . . . . . whenever. Called to see when the teamsters in brown (UPS) was going to deliver, they said not yet, we need more money . . . . THANKS BUDDY! Anyways, the next catalog they send me I think I'm going to let my dog relive himself on and send it back, 'cause it won't get used!

Sheesh, try to buy a certified torque wrench and it's like moving mountains (when I should be moving mountains of snow!).

Wyatt... It never fails somebody is always trying to get our hard earned money

Has there been a date set for a spring cub pd? ...Just wondering

Charlie, Thanks for the info ...better make plans for the spring break then ...Head West...Head West!!!!!!!!!!

Just got some snow pics in from Oswego, NY. I think they got a little carried away out that way!
15538.jpg

15539.jpg

15540.jpg

Geez Charlie, my parents and my younger brother and I spent summer vacation there one year when I was growing up back in the 70's. Quite a summer vacation spot. Not sure I recognize any landmarks though....

OK Charlie,
I believe you about the snow, but my wife thinks it's as fake as the "Superbowl Wardrobe Malfunction".
Well.....????
confused.gif

Dan M there should be a philps head screw & copper sealing washer next to the gov, where the gov rods mounts remove the philps head , and then you govener will come out

Dan M. -

Exactly what Mike L. says.

Which is also what the Kohler manual says:<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

REMOVE GOVERNOR GEAR AND CROSS SHAFT
1. Remove the stop pin <font color="ff0000">(the phillips head screw Mike L refers to)</font>, copper washer, governor gear, and thrust washer. Refer to Figures 10-12 and 10-13.
2. Remove bushing nut and sleeve. Remove cross shaft from inside crankcase.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Charlie, I saw those same photos somewhere and they said they were from New Brunswick, Canada! I believe.

Completely off-topic post......but I'm putting it on anyway
happy.gif

Steven III has his 3 year old Birthday party tomorrow night, so instead of going out and plowing snow with a Cub Cadet tonight I stayed in and decorated cakes.......just couldn't get the icing spread very well with the 58" blade on the 169!!!!

He loves NEMO, so a foot ball pan shaped cake got turned into a clown fish......

15547.jpg

15548.jpg

15549.jpg

Birthday party is a little early, but kid #2 will probably make the real date considerably harder to deal with....

Thanks Kraig and Charlie.
happy.gif

Steve B.- nice cake . . . reminds me of my oldest son named Steve. He always wanted cakes shaped like fish or footballs or basketballs, etc. Enjoy the little guy. Mine is now 29 and we don't get together often enough.

(Message edited by dschmidt on February 02, 2004)

Digger..I see how the deere is sitting and watching while the International is handling the tough part (In the Oswego pics)
Or maybe the operator just had a wardrobe malfunction,too ;-)

Scott T>> very innovative chute motor/controller!!

1200s: Worth restoring?

I've got my Dad's 1200 which is in dire need of a restoration. To that end I've subscribed to the Cadet Connection and purchased all back issues. I was unaware until the article "The quite ones" that the 1200s had ISO mounted engines. In one of the issues a long time cadet mechanic claims that the ISO tractors were the worst ones for problems. I know that I've noticed that there isn't much of a following for them in the forum or newsletter.

I'd like to restore my dads tractor but am wondering if it is worth it since it's 1200.

As a bonus question, I'm wondering if it is possible to convert a 1200 to a 1250 easily.

Thanks for the help.

-Calvin Ledford

Calvin,

I have a 1000 that I am converting to a 1600. They never made a QL gear drive over 12 hp like the one you have. Some people love them, some hate them. I used to be a narrow frame only guy but got my 1000 for a steal and it is growing on me. The QL's were also Hydro Harry's favorite models, he did most of his chores with a 1450, and I know Professor Chabot loves his 1000. Now, on converting to a Hydro 1250, It can be done, but you are better off finding a donor 1250 or 1450 to save a lot of trouble and time. I personally like the gear drives for their ramming speed capabilities when I plow. Kenny

Calvin,

Just send me your address. I'll come by and take that wreck off your hands.
wink.gif

Man more snow..... Work, work work. Poor Spot has not had much rest over the past few days.
proud.gif

Latest posts

Back