• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 01, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vote for bad plug. I'll trow this out again - thexton #404 spark tester. How well is that plug grounded laying on the corroded tin as you crank over the engine?
301997.jpg

Attachments

• 301997.jpg
    301997.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 301997.jpg
    301997.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 127
I'm trying to bring a 1965 Model 100 back to life and it's going pretty well but I ran into a problem with a leaking seam on the gas tank. Does anyone know of a way to seal the tank seams without replacing the tank? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jerry O

Jerry, the tank seams are soldered. If the leak isn't too bad AND your good at soldering you could try to resolder it. Just be careful you don't blow it up! Here are some links to past discussions on the topic:

LEAKY GAS TANK 1

LEAKY GAS TANK 2

Or, while I have never tried this, it might be worth a try: EASTWOOD GAS TANK SEALER

Harry...I'm thinking condenser...
Also...are the power and point and condenser wires on the correct side of the coil..those two switched around will make for some head scratchin!

Jeff...any popcorn left???

Follow up from a couple weeks ago...

I very briefly tested my front-mount trailer hitch when it was unseasonably warm out last week. I drove it back and forth a bit, but haven't really moved the trailer anywhere since I've had no need to yet. No tendency whatsoever to lift the front of the tractor. I don't think there is enough leverage for the trailer to do so.

301999.jpg

Attachments

• 301999.jpg
    301999.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 152
  • 301999.jpg
    301999.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 149
Jerry O.
If your not handy soldering, clean the tank out really well and take it to any radiator repair shop and they can fix it for you.
BTW,
Some tanks do have silver solder in the joints, some don't.
If you do it yourself, you'll know when a regular propane torch or iron won't melt it, LOL

Charlie, I get real nervous when having a torch near a gasoline tank, even when I know it's been flushed out really well...
icon_eek.gif

EDIT: Yes I know I'm the one that brought up soldering.
angel.gif

Attachments

• icon_eek.gif
    icon_eek.gif
    170 bytes · Views: 112
  • angel.gif
    angel.gif
    222 bytes · Views: 115
Thanks for the info on my leaking gas tank. The key is the fact that the joints are soldered, I didn't know that and had the tank powder coated. The heat melted out the solder. After getting the solder info, I found a shop that can repair it for me.

Again, thanks guys for the help.

Jerry O

Powder coating is done at 170 degrees, that didn't melt the solder.
thumbsup_old.gif

60/40 melts at 626°F to 662°F
50/50 418ºF

Attachments

• thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 107
Back