• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 01, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
Nice Job there Richard Walker! I see we're not to far from each other too.. maybe someday we can hookup and swap tall stories..
beerchug.gif

Dennis, Dennis, Dennis - we're going no place fast. I wasn't complaining at all, and yes I assume there is no IH spec for the center cap. Did you notice the Amp gauge is dead-nuts on the O? Now that is one really really nice 125, and I wish it was parked about 30 feet from me.

Richard W - geez, you really did move some snow there. Nice pics. I assume that's your 1450 with a QA42A - that is one nice snow moving set up. I used that combination for alot of years back in CT. Every once in awhile Kraig reposts some of my action pics using it.

Mike F - I thought the shop was a 32 and at least one car was a 34?

Copy on the repeat performance Steve....gonn be the same here I suppose the way the wind is blowin'.

Thrower is in the shop thawing out, musta sheared a pin as the auger is not turning but the driveshaft is, got check it out here in a few..

In the mean time, keep on keepin' on gang!!

We have about 6" so far and it looks like it'll keep snowing for another 8 hours or so.
buttrock.gif

Mike F – Thanks for the compliment. It would be nice to swap stories. The main issue on my end is time, hopefully someday.

Hydro – My winter team is a pair of 1450’s. One has a power angle plow and the other has the QA42 with the speed up modifications. Having a driveway longer than a football field and a seven car parking area off that needs a good team like these cadets. I was hoping to get the cozy cab I have installed on the thrower tractor back in December but a hand surgery stopped that. Something to look forward in the spring.

I was hoping to get some kind of answer to my question on steering boxes . I guess the right guy has not come on yet that can answer my question!

Had to pull out the Kubota/loader combo. Living out in the boonies, everything blows and drifts. Had a drift roughly 4 feet high and prolly 50 feet long that I busted up and piled around. Still snowing and blowing like crazy! Gotta lot more to move, but will take a break until later today or tomorrow morning. Losing battle with the wind. Then I'll clean up the scraps with the 1772. Everyone stay warm. Getting cold here in Iowa.........
cool.gif

Wow this snow is fun but fierce, Charlie your missing out.

Josh, I took a few before pics but no after due to time (had to come to work) and blizzard conditions, you couldnt see anything.
I thought the 129 loader was going to come out but after hitting the drifts at a different angle the 169 pusher prevailed.,

Round two is tomorrow am so pictures then I hope.

Marlin don't appoligize, it was just my 2cents that a few people where (crabby/demanding) lately.

Dennis, I have not bought into nor am a modorator, I was meerly posting...don't let it bother you..
beerchug.gif

Dave brake out the blade so you don't have to worry about shear pins or thawing out.

Here in Central Indiana, we are still missing out. We got a dusting last night, and it was still out there this morning. Then the rain started, so it just made the dusting slick. Right now, at ~6:55PM Eastern it is 38F and we are getting RAIN!!!!!! However the "good" news is it is supposed to change over to snow and give us 1"-2" instead of the 9 they were saying yesterday morning. Oh, and the overnight low is forecast for 13F. So all this rain is going to freeze, and have a nice layer of snow on it. At that temp, I dont think the "salt" will work until the sun comes up in the morning. Going to be a fun drive to work in the morning..... think anyone would think I was crazy for driving one of my Cubs with chains on it for my 30 mile commute..... the 4x4 isn't going to do me any good in this crap!!!!!!

Well Charlie ,this steering box came from a 1450 so the owner told me . and well I answer if I can ! and the early CCC was a lot of IH parts used . where do you draw the line . can`t be when CCC took over from IH because on the name changed till they ran out of old stock . well that is the story I read.

Don T.
I can say with pretty much certainty, that no 1450 ever came with or had a 3 turn steering column.
And no CCC machine that called for a 3 turn had one in it either, IH and CCC did some pretty goofy stuff, but those two just didn't happen!

Been out twice today....6"+ of heavy wet stuff at 11AM (782 and thrower), 3-4" more of drier blowing snow at dusk (2072 and Haban blade). Hate moving snow when the ground isn't frozen, easy to tear stuff up!!!!

Cut the Boy Scout Klondike Derby camp out short to avoid getting snowed in at the bottom of a huge hill at camp.....made for a nice day at home to move snow.

Either this thing is broke, Charlie turned out the lights OR it's snowing in the Midwest.

Charlie - the guys down south must all be at the beach. Just picked up the following note about the rest so I guess we won't be hearing from them until they dig out -

Another winter storm inflicted fresh misery on the Northeast on Monday, causing the cancellation of flights, classes and major court cases a day after it dumped up to a foot-and-a-half of snow on the Chicago area and blanketed much of the Plains and Midwest.

Great snow pics every one, looks like a lot of fun for a day or three, then after that it could get old.

I installed headlights on the 123 this weekend, I think I'm finally done with it and can haul it over to laughing squirrel lodge and leave on my next trip.

WARNING: the following contains post production aftermarket parts and procedures.
If you are former member, current member or want to belong to the correct police you may find these images disturbing and upsetting. Further more side effect may include but not limited to the following: upset stomach, nausea, blurred vision, fainting with diarrhea, constipation. (note: this is a joke)

I wanted away to pass the wires through the grill nice an neat. I used lamp hardware from the local hardware store an drilled the light mount and grill 3/8in
293807.jpg

293808.jpg

For the light switch I sourced one from the local NAPA store for $4.99. it fit nicely in the space but the mounting hole on the cub was way to big. I used heavy duty fender washers and adhesive caulk to bridge the hole
293809.jpg

The yellow and black wire blended in well and was routed along the stock harness.
293810.jpg

I think they turned out pretty good, my goal was to have the wiring connections inside the light housing to make it as clean as possible
293811.jpg

And last but not least the finishing touch to the project
293812.jpg

Charlie,

Even with the speed up pulley on the Super QA-42B and the 18 Mag wound out to 3600-3700 rpm, this stuff was just too wet to throw more than 15' or so, 20' outside (but I got some great "tubes" out of the chute....18" tubes of snow flying midair in a nice orderly row.....)

I aimed the chute NNW, but the distance was SEVERAL HUNDRED MILES short.........if I only had a 450 2 stage.....I hear they throw the stuff to the moon!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Doug, how close is the light on the right hand side to the exhaust? Is the light housing metal or plastic? Here's why I ask:

293817.jpg

293818.jpg

This was a 125 that I bought that had the lights mounted by the PO. The K301 lives on as the rebuilt Killer Kohler in my #2 125 and the frame and several other parts went to a guy to save his 105 that a large White Pine fell on during a tornado.
icon_eek.gif

Kraig, I'm not sure, I'll check when I get home. The housing is rubber so It should melt , burn and stink just fine I would think. hum.....heat shield or exhaust elbow.......

Back