• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 31, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FRANK M. - MANY different spring & suspension designs used on road tractors, Reyco 4-spring, Hendrickson's, and every brand had their own style/design of air-ride. Typically when the leaf with the eyes broke You realized it rather suddenly and took Yourself "Out of Service". The Reyco 4-spring that was on My '79 RoadBoss II didn't have ANY eyes on the rear springs if I remember right, just flat straight ends.
Company Dad drove for had HUNDREDS of Hendrickson Walking Beam suspended tractors. Dad's tractor broke the end off the forged alum. beam while loaded right after taking off around a corner from a stop sign one night. Stopped Him DEAD in His tracks right in the middle of the road. Head Mechanic at His terminal heard the beam SMACK the blacktop inside His house almost a mile away, and was the first one to show up to see what happened.
Main spring leaf failure on a single axle normally results in the box/bed dropping on top of the tire, Which results also in a rather sudden stop. Some new truck suspensions I see now have some sort of adj. link to locate the axle and just use the spring for suspension. Just the light-duty pickups & trailers use the leaf springs to locate the axles
KRAIG - I think Wyatt will have to nick-name His new IH "The Flyin' FARMALL", It's been used before but sure is appropriate.

Frank, I took a quick look at what was in the stack, but I've been to busy to peruse any of it.

Wyatt, I watched the video several times before I noticed that the front tires actually got airborne. I figure it's a worthy clip for Charlie to put on his website. :eek:)

The kids wanted to go to the mountains to go sledding, but we couldn't go today, so instead mommy suggested that I give them a "pulling" behind the tractor... They eagerly agreed along with a very emphatic "Yaaaaa!!!" So this is my first Cub time for the new year.
14784.jpg

14785.jpg

Hmm, why is our camera saying 12 31 03??? Don't know but they were just taken... Oh well... Look like I need to break out the manual...
14787.gif

Kraig -

Yeah, but you're too far west - you (and Art) might as well be behind the lutefisk curtain
lol.gif

Kraig-
I'll have to see the airtime to believe it . . .

Bryan-
Something like how to R&R them or how to troubleshoot them.

I'm rebuilding a bunch right now and can include where to find parts and Delco tags, I'd be happy to write it up in the coming weeks if you'd like.
14790.jpg

Digger:

I was looking for the replacement cushon part, not a whole seat. I wanted to refurbish my existing seats.

Dennis:

You are right about the Rayco. It has a locating rods but no eyes. Have had the main top crack and that is what they put the truck out of service for. it was cracked inbetween the u-bolts.

Hendrickson spring verson has the main top that will cause an out of service also.

Wyatt is right, the high back seats are waaaay more comfortable than the lowback seats.

Man, roads are icy here. Just got back from a rollover/carfire. Not fun driving 10 miles out on these roads!!

Travis - Kinda slick & frosty around Madison WI too. Wife said the news had something about three fatalities on slick roads early this AM in Dane Cty.

Wyatt, I'll get a CD with some video clips out to you next week.

Bryan, good point! Actually when I'm online I am behind/beyond(?), shoot lets just say "west of" the lutefisk curtain.

It is currently snowing in Laconia New Hampshire.
Does anyone know if I'm the only guy from NH who visits this site?

Dan M. - Doesn't look like ANYONE from Jersey visits Here according to the Membership map up towards the top of the page. LOT of people around Boston however. Just click on the Thumbnail view and take a peak.

Dennis,
I looked at that & didn't see anyone from NH. I put in to be added but as of yet haven't. I thought maybe there was a way to see a membership list according to location. It would be cool to know who lives in my region.

dan' i'am in marlow n.h. 20 miles north of keene. i know theres a few more. tom b.

I missed something...when and how long was the free post for the classified section?
Dean

I have never posted a pic before...I have been trying to figure out how to post and I am missing something...where do I look?
Dean

Back