• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 31, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kehrecke

displayname
Keith Ehrecke
Happy New Year! And it's not every new year (almost) a guy gets to be first on a page.

Woooo HOOOOO!!!!

Keith-
When I worked at Cabela's during the night shift, I checked those out on my break. I rounded up a yardstick and they seemed to be right around 26" tall, perfect for a Super Graden tractor.

Wyatt:
I'm hoping that they're perfect for a regular GT, since they're going under the fenders of either the 129+ or the 1000. Me no gots no SGT. (And the one I did have Travis dumped off of a trailer @ 70 mph......)

We'll see what happens in the next couple of days.

Keith

Keith, thanks for the link and the model name of the tire but I was wanting to see how they looked on an 8.5" rim. Guess I can wait until an upcoming Plow Day.

Tom H., are your ATV tires on 8.5" rims? They look wider.

Here's a photo of the ATV tires on Tom's Cub.

14773.jpg

Grrr.., lets try this again.

(Message edited by shirtman on December 31, 2003)

Here's the newest member of the fleet. Not much to look at but still a jem as they are very hard to find in Florida. Wife justs shakes her head as she knows there's no cure for yellow fever! My preciousssss.......
14775.jpg

You'd of thought that after what happened to Travis I would've been as careful as usual and check my trailer and do at least two walk arounds before taking off with it. Noooo.., I'm not that smart. The guy was only a little over an hour away, just a short haul. I get there and find this:
14776.jpg

Its the leaf spring on the rear axle of the trailer. Snapped leaving the axle a little loose. Don't know if it was like that before I left the house or not. Loaded the tractor all the way forward and got home okay. Another good reason to be extra careful with your trailer hook up, tie down, etc.

(Message edited by shirtman on December 31, 2003)

Shirtman, is that a broken leaf spring?

Happy New Year to all!

Dan M.

One more thing on your allen wrench problem. Follow the advise about cleaning the hole out, then insert a good wrench in the stripped head and wack it several times with a hammer to seat it. This will do 2 things, 1, seat the wrench fully, 2, act like an impact driver and help "break" the scree free with less resistance.

Kraig:
I'll try and shoot a pic and upload it. They fit fine on the 8.5" wheel. They measure about 10.5" wide at their widest point. Plus they have the rim guard feature that fattens them up around the wheel.

If I'm not mistaken, Tom H. has the 24" OD version. These are 25" and still fit fine under the fenders on the regular size GT. The closest thing to a pinch point is at the fenders just above the foot rest area and there's about 3/4" clearance there.

Keith

The 489's are mounted on the same rim that is used for the 23 X 10.50 X 12's. Never measured the rim with. Worked REAL good!!!

Happy New Year Folk's

Temps in the 40's and 50's
I'm thinking of yanking the plow off
and putting the mower deck back on, just
to make it snow.....lol

Hi All, it has been another great year. I had loads of fun, and am looking forward to another year of Cub fun! Happy New Year!!
14778.gif

Be safe, I am sure there will be plenty of this type of behavior.
14779.gif

<font size="+2">Happy New Year!!</font>

I'm going to bed real soon.
happy.gif

Still can not believe how many finger tight connections I'm finding in the electrical system!!

Have a k series kohler it keeps cutting out like it isn't getting enough gas.gas line is all clear can't adjust the carb to stop it.would it be valves points seen ok reg seems ok. any suggestions. also how to check out starter gen.to see if it is putting out ok. thank you happy new year. Bud

Bud,

How long has the Cub been siting?? COuld be a hung up float. As for the S/G, check the FAQ's.

Happy New Year

HI- In my first post I would like to get some opinions on my first cub. I picked up a 126 that I kind of fell in love with. Why I dont know because it needs a motor but every thing else looks pretty good.Good or bad I want to hear it. Thanks-Ron

Tonight the Cub Shop officially goes electronic with a Pro/ENGINEER 2001 CAD liscense running Winders NT. Computer had to give up one slot to run an ethernet card so that CAD program has something to ping when looking for a liscense so there'll be no modem in this one.

Dunno what good it'll be but at least if I'm not getting dirty I can still make stuff!

Latest posts

Back