• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 30, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydroharry

displayname
Harry Bursell
David G - why did you install a "brand new starter"?
Did your engine run previously using this new starter?

Harry-I bought one several years ago when I had 7 Cub Cadets, some with ongoing electrical problems and never took it out of the box. Until now!!

I was thinking that maybe the compression release could have been suspect, but Harry's right. The valves may well be just off. What he's alluding to is try the old starter and see if it's the same condition. Could be starter is actually the issue. I had 3 "bad" starters for my truck a few years ago. Swapped out 2 remans and one brand new until I had original rebuilt. Then no problems. Worth a shot if you feel like doing that job in the cold.

Okay guys, been awhile since Ive been on here, but I need some help on what snowplow subframe I need for a 123... selling my original and the guy buying it has a plow for a narrow frame... basically a little trade for some cash off the price... i cant seem to find a good picture of what the subframe should look like... Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jason on the parts lookup you will find a picture of it in attachments for the 123. Part number 489618 R1

Jason S.
311865.jpg

Attachments

• 311865.jpg
    311865.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 311865.jpg
    311865.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 144
I was watching a program on TV the other night. There were red 82 series tractors with black front ends (the front section that the hood mounts to) is this by chance a dealer model? Does anyone have any information on that?

David Gallagher,

I would re-check the lash clearance on the exhaust valve. Kohler recommends .018" but you can safely go down to .014" without a problem. The less lash clearance means the exhaust valve will lift higher when the ACR is active. Your engine may have a worn or improperly adjusted ACR tab that less lash clearance will compensate for.

Allan K.-

82 series tractors with black front axles (and dash towers and transaxles) are made by MTD/CCC. They were producing both yellow and white 82 series tractors for Cub Cadet dealerships while also producing red 82 series tractors for IH dealerships.

That's neat! I didn't think they were made at the same time. I thought it was just a transitional era, then the yellow and white. Thanks Matt for the interesting info!

Safe and happy new year cubbers!
beerchug.gif

beer2.gif

Attachments

• beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 147
  • beer2.gif
    beer2.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 138
  • beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 143
  • beer2.gif
    beer2.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 145
The donation report for the 4th quarter of 2016 - $43.09 USD
This will be the last report as the Donate option has been removed.

THANKS to all that donated in the past.
I know Julie sure appreciated it!
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 138
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 136
Happy New Year all my favorite Cub fans! May you have a blessed 2017.

Has anyone rebuilt the hydraulic lift cylinder on a 782? What did you use for the seal? Apparently the kit is NLA. The O-rings would be easy to get, but the seal will be more difficult.

Thanks

Danny McCloskey

Back