• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 30, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danny,

2 suggestions if it is NLA. Try to find the old IH part number and see if it crosses to a seal still stocked by a CIH dealer, or try a Hyd. shop and see if they have a replacement.

Thanks Steve
So far I haven't found a number. I'm taking it to work to clean tomorrow, and then see if I can find a number on it.
Danny

Try to find the IH part number with an older parts book. (Not the actual seal number, but the part number IH assigned to it, typically C123456-R1 or similar.

Well folks the rest of ALL my Cub Cadet stuff is history. It's staying close to home (this home) and I am sure it will be well used. Thanks to all who bought stuff from me in the past I always thought that I gave a pretty fair shake.
Will be checking now and then.
Keep 'em rolling!!!!

Found out something interesting this past week.

I stopped at local bearing store to get some new wheel bearings for the front tires. I used the last new one I had and likely this winter will beat up the others.

I gave the counterperson the part number and they brought them up. They asked what I was using them for and told them my lawn tractor. They then asked if I wanted the sealed version? Huh? Ya, seems within the last year they now offer a sealed version. Perfect, guess I won't have to try to pack them with grease from my needle to keep them around for a year. Originals were $3, the sealed were $6.

I've had thoughts of converting the front end to trailer tires, but just never got around to it. With these new bearings I might not bother.

I haven't touched the 127 since I got it. I want to get the front axle out of it and rebuild so I can mow with it next summer so I can do some maintenance on the 149.

Tom H. Ditto... Keep In Touch!!!

Danny M. The complete cylinder is a CESSNA and is IH-145448-R91. By using this number you should be able to get a new kit or seal. Keep us posted.

Happy New Year everyone. We decieded to put the orginal sand blasted muffler back on after painting it.

We'll see what happens.

I have another question. We've been having starting issues with the 149 cranks over really good, but the choke has to be fully out and the throttle lever has to be all the way down at idle. Once it gets cranking you have move the throttle to full and then back down to idle then it will fire up, then you can push the choke back in, it must stay at idle to warm up some otherwise moving the throttle just a smig will kill it. The carb had a total over haul and once warmed up will work great moving from idle to full throttle. It takes about 20 sec of cranking for it to start. Could this be an ignition issue? I know the coil and condender are pretty old. Model 149.

What do you guys think?

Rob

Thanks Tom for the 100!! She pushes snow great!! And thanks for the great deals and info. Enjoy the warm(er?) Weather good sir.

Back