• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 30, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
Seat springs on a narrow frame:

293012.jpg
happy.gif

Frank A. I had that idea but thought it might raise the seat too high. I also wondered about the longevity of the arrangement

That might hold up better if you were to add a stiffener across the back of the original seat mounting brackets.

293014.jpg

I may have to give this a try. I have a set or two of those seat springs...

Yes, we put them on a 124 with a Hi-Back seat. For us it worked well. Our yard was not the smoothest, but Dad has fixed that over the years, an I am 6'4' so the extra leg room was welcome. It did make it ride better, but it seemed to get more "bouncy" than the wideframes with the same springs and seat over the same rough area. I would say "do it", but I would put the brace on also.... I think we did....

You're right, Kraig. "A bolt hole is a terrible thing to waste".
happy.gif
happy.gif

David C. He didn't really now how much he wanted. Said he put the ad up to see if there was anyone interested in it and to get a feel for value. I did make him an offer that he said was better than others who were offering scape value.

Kraig M. the brace would tie the two pieces together, maybe add another on the front end too.

Scott N. the wide frames are bigger and heavier than the narrow frame so they probably ride better due to that.

Doug ,did he give you any info if the engine was in runing shape ,or was there any problems ,thanks for your time .

David C. the 982 belonged to his father. His father was a hoarder who passed. He figured the 982 had been sitting for probably about four years where he found it. He had no idea whether it would turn over or was frozen. Basically what you see in the pics is what you get. He figured it would need a complete restore. He also said if it didn't sell he might put a engine in it. But he also thought a engine would only be $400.00 or so. I told to add another $1500.00 to that

I installed the tires and weights on the 123 last weekend. thought I'd show my method that replaces the stock wheel bolts.
293058.jpg

I install 7/16x1 1/2 fine thread bolts to act as studs
293059.jpg

I use 1/2 ready rod for the weights, holding them in place with a nut on both sides of the wheel
293060.jpg

then you can easily set the loaded tire onto the studs with out the effort and hassle of trying to hold the tire in place while trying to line up a hole to thread the stock lug bolt into
293061.jpg

with the ready rod held in place you then can install the wheel weights

Doug ,thank you for the info ,i believe all pass on this one ,cubs are getting real hard to find

<center>Have a Safe and Happy New Year everyone!</center>

HAVE A GREAT 2015 ALL YOU CUBBERS

( from Canada ) (over here ) .

Happy New Year

1st post of 2015
1AA_dance2.gif

cub cadets rule

jeff l baker

Y all you earned it ! Thanks for 2014 and also many so many others that make this hobby so easy. Not only that( read) learning experience but pictures takes and someone who cares take time. as long as we have Cubs they will do there part.

Doug,

Your chains are not latched in that last pic. The over center lock has come loose......hate to have you throw a chain because it wasnt latched.

Happy New Year!... Since I'm so far away from the 129, I had to dig up an old pic from the archives.....
293068.jpg

Back