• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 28, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpatterson

displayname
Mike Patterson
Marty,
I don't think I could buy another narrow frame - I'm too dog on big to work on them! I like the 82 series...if only I could get the engines to stay running great in them!

got 5 of those 60's in sheds need to restore some!!!

Mike M., yes you do need to restore some of those model 60s!
bouncy.gif

Mike P., could be.

Charlie, I stopped by the farm to clear my mom's driveway last night and snapped some photos of the old Homelite generator.

318872.jpg

Mike, not frozen up at present, but I sure was on Wed.
See my post in the garage, I had meant to put it in the sandbox, but I must have still been numb from my trip to KC the day before!!
Keep warm everyone!

Oh yes, the farm store got my new industrial tread tires in for the 149 yesterday. Film at eleven, or whenever I can get over there to pick 'em up.

Ethan K
If you need any help brewing beer, let me know. I know a little about it
happy.gif

Been in the teens and single digits for what seems like 3 weeks here now.Through this time we haven't been getting much snow,maybe 2ft since the white's been fly'n. Went back to the man cave to fire up the 122, would turn over fine and fire once in a while but wouldn't stay running.I changed out the plug with a new one and she ran.The plug I took out was wet as could be.I've always given her a splash of MMO when adding fuel maybe through the years the concentration has gotten to be too, much? Really dig the smell, exotic! I've been using that no methanol stuff lately too but never drained the old stuff out. I'm think'n weak spark and a change out of points and capacitor. Just too dam cold to move out all my toys, fire up the Kerosene heater and get to work proper on the problem. Just proves I'm get'n old and creeky!

Mike Patterson,

If you buy a narrow frame, you won't have to work on it!
biggrin.gif

They are like a Timex....

122 is a narrow frame and it has been pretty much running like clockwork.

So you are saying Marty, I should be trading my 82 series tractors on at Timex, errr a Narrow Frame and I'll have NO breakdowns! Hmmm, that could be convincing!

David, I'm not allowed in the garage - I guess I brought the wrong kind of beer??

Back