• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 28, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
Dan-

You might be heading for problems, as the hoods and dashes are also different between the two tractors, so you may have an issue getting the hood to line up with the dash.

Good to know! I have the 123 hood also so it sounds like a mock-up is in order. Thanks for the tip, DanWI

Digger, I noticed you have a three-spool control valve on your bucket tractor. Does the third spool control the rear ports?

Tony H.
It does the front and rear.
You never know what might come along to stick on either end, so it's better to be prepared, LOL

I recently put lights on my 1250. Don't call the
correct%20police.gif
, but there is nothing correct about this except the placement of the lights. Everything is "off the shelf" from NAPA.

233868.jpg

233869.jpg

233870.jpg

233871.jpg

233872.jpg

hey there just wanted to check for clarification here that a 147 is a narrow frame model? most likely going to pick up a 147 and a 1650 as well tomorrow morning and hoping to swap a couple things off of the 147 to my 100

Boots,
Yes the 147 is a NF.
There's going to be a lot to be switching to a 100 though.
If you thinking engine, it has a large flywheel and won't fit the frame of a 100 without the aide of a gas axe.

o no dont worry im not planning on changing the engine or trans or nothing crazy like that i just mainly want the 3 pt and a couple attachments for it

Kevin Hill,

thanks for the info. Funny thing is that both came from 149's I have. I will have to do some studying and get back with more info. It looks like one is a newer replacement, but I don't remember which one.

EDIT - OK, I went back and read again and it does say I can use either one, just have to wire it different. Thanks for finding that for me!

Randy

Thanks,Randy

Ken "F",
What's that sticker on the left side of the trans cover? Dealer sticker? How about a pic of it for me?

Hey Tom , you & Mike (Whiskers) got a little press time in the new Red Power Mag...
buttrock.gif
I'll have to check out that McCormick estate in the near future....PWR

Happy Holidays everyone,hope everyone had a great Christmas.

I've got a question,I picked up a QA42A thrower,also a new belt,55053C1-from the cub faq.This thrower is going on a 1650 but the belt is too short.I've got the gearbox/pulley adjusted all the way up and there is a 4.5" pulley on the gearbox.Am I missing something?I'll take some pics tonight when I get home from work.
TIA
Dave

Dave,

According to the Parts Lookup, that is the correct belt. The 4-1/2" diameter pulley is the OE size.

Dave, I agree, that is the correct belt. A new belt may have to be rolled on the first time until it stretches a little. Since you are putting it on a 1650, keep that belt tight. Rule of thumb with a thrower for good performance is to make the engine work but not lugged down. If the belt come a little loose, with 16 hp, you will smell smoke before you will lug it down. BTDT, bought a new belt.

I`am trying to install the hyd angle kit on a 42" blade I have here. But I think I will have to do some cutting to make it work. The PO added a piece of steel to the sub frame and that leaves no room for the back bracket. Might have to dig out my 54" blade.Its much newer and might have all the holes drilled to install this.

233894.jpg

Ken:
I saw your post regarding the lights that you installed. How did you attach the front ones. I want to do the same but I am not sure how to mount them. I have some old car lights that I was going to see if something would work.
Earl

well i tried what you guys said and the jumper cables to the starter generator only whined and would not turn i checked the compression and its good turning it by hand the ignition coil seems to be dead so i will replace it i really don't want to replace the starter generator if i don't have to anyone have suggestions

I'm setting the strengthening bar to the dimensions given in cubfaq #23 (first pic) but the bar is going to cover a hole on both ends. I don't know if anything attaches to these holes, so I assume it's okay to cover them up?

233900.jpg

233901.jpg

233902.jpg

Norm,

I have done that exact mod, we did not have any issue of blocking a needed hole. The holes you need are the 4 for the pan, the 4 for the mounts and the 2 on the ends for the snubbers.....

THe only holes you need on the bottom (where the engine mounts) is the 4 in the middle, 2 on each rail.... the mounts and the suubbers go on the "other side" where the large holes are....

Back