• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 27, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie, are you ever going to use your loader or are you google to keep waxing on it
clappy.gif

Andrew,

You will get better results if you post your question in the correct forum.
correct%20police.gif
This forum is restricted to discussions about Cub Cadets built by IH (1961 - 1981).

The 1912 was built by MTD in 1985 or 1986.

Andrew, even though this area is for IH built Cub Cadets I'll partially answer your question. The 1912 is basically the same as a 982.

Charlie is that trailer tounge welded on the weight box? and does it have support under it?

Jeff B.
Actually you cut part of this off and that's what you get.
233812.jpg

The weight box alone weighs around 85 pounds empty. Aaron decided that it need to be heavy since we're both carrying around 500 pounds in it, LOL
It needs no support, it's 1/4" steel.

Just picked up a cw 100 snow thrower. The scraper blade is no good on it, and I am wondering if anyone has any ideals on how to replace it.

Hi--
I have some questions about the QA-42A Snow-thrower.
1) Is the sprocket replaceable on the auger/rotor?
2) Some have done some "product improvements" to there snow-thrower. Is speeding up the auger/rotor speed a good idea and if so what sprocket was used and other adjustments needed for this to work?
3) Is the chain the same size/type as the smaller chain in the tiller?
4) Has anyone come up with a hydraulic way to adjust the chute?
5) If I found a 2 stage snow blower are they better that the single stage snow-thrower or not?

Thanks for your time,
Seth

Sean B.
Unbolt it, flip it over and use the side that's not worn out.
That is is the previous owner hasn't already done it.
Under Edit,
BTW, it's a CW36.

Seth C.
I take it you have not checked out the FAQ's or done a search?
1a_scratchhead.gif

hi i have a 1968 IH cub Cadet model 125 it has not ran in over a year i added a new battery went to start it up today and it started to turn over and then it stopped i have a quick question my release lever is in the down position will that affect my tractor starting. i just aquired it from my father and we sed it all the time i was just never the one to start it. also it seems to drain the battery and not want to turn over after about 20 tries and then i let it be a while and go back and it will turn over just not kick in. any ideas?

Charlie---
Checking the FAQ's didn't cross my mind. And that answers question #5.

I did start doing a search but wasn't finding what I was looking for. Must have been using the wrong key words.

Thanks,
Seth

Phillip F.
Anytime you start messing with a Cub that's been setting for a while.
The first thing you do after adding gas and checking the oil is to CLEAN all the ground terminations, check for cracked burnt wires and make sure you have voltage at all the right places.
Cubs are notorious for bad grounds.

And no on the hydro release lever, that just releases pressure on the valves so you can move it right after shut down.

charlie,

thank you for your help i will try that tomarrow thank you

OK, I looked through the FAQ's and I didn't see what I am looking for.

Is there a way to bench test a voltage regulator? I have 2- 149's and using one for a parts tractor, one has a reg. with 4 connections and the other with 3.

I know the one tractor wasn't charging but that could have been a ground or something else. Are the 3 and 4 lug reg. interchangeable? Thanks

Randy

Charlie---
Thanks for the link. I think that I will leave mine running at the original design speed. Looks like everything has to be set just perfect in order to go faster. Also, I have my boys help me with with putting the snow-thrower on and off and believe safety of equipment is a higher priority than speed of spinning auger/rotor.

Seth

Seth, these snow throwers work great with out speeding them up. Make sure everything is lubed up and belt tight.

These belts have a reputation of loosing up during use some guys have put a bolt on them to stop this. some one will post a picture if you need one.

My stock blower has thrown snow upto 20 feet away, but then during some wet heavy snow it has at times just barely made it out the shute

I personaly use slip plate on th shute area.

also alot of it has to do with getting your engine speed up high to run the thrower fast and your hydro running slower for ground speed

I read on here that this type blower is better than that ! I think it has more to do with the operator .A single stage blower on a good working 129 will blow snow.I think the feed speed has much to do with it as well as how wet the snow.Slip plate helps alot in my 450 I have found .But then I tend to want it done fast and work that tractor when I have snow lol.Just for the fun of it, I have a 42" single stage and will put it on my 149 just to see how much if any the single or 450 will blow snow.We are getting rain now so I will save that job for a dryer day lol.So far this year we have got about 8" and not all at once(2 storms).I posted a vide of the 450 on my 1512 diesel last winter and it will move snow.Blew it 20' in the air and 25' off to the side down my drive way.But I did engage the blower to many times with the tractor at 3600 rps and striped the blower fan housing threads. I went from a big smile to an oh **** ,what did I do! Funny thing was I did not read the whole manual,at least not where IT say to ingauge PTO just over idle.now the 450 needs a new rear blower fan.One thing I have learned is to allways try to ingauge brain before geteredone becomes the only thought.Thses IH Tractors were shuch great built machines and still will do a great job.I bought some bolts to install my power angle kit on my only tractor with front ports.I will have to get a kit from Aaron to put front hyd ports on my 149 so I can post pictures of it.
worthy.gif
I hate to give Charlie any ,some credit with sticking with Cub Cadet.They are one of the best ! and I will give him some credit for that. But Charlie ,do I rely need 10 Cubs!someone is going to have to sell me more attachments. I got it bad lol.
old.gif

Where`s Denny ,hope he is healthy and happy!

Latest posts

Back