• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 27, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Aaron, awesome job!
thumbsup.gif

Hey Aaron, I was kinda hope'n Santa would stuff one of those blades in my stocking!
bubbly.gif
\ Great Job!
Charlie: you'll love seeing all the things he's built. his first experience with Cub Cadet was walking behind a number 22 push mower at age 6 (i still have it). then graduated to a cub 154 lowboy at age 8.

Aaron - Really nice work on the fabrication. Sure helps to have the Right Tools for the job doesn't it?! My Buddy has the factory blade for His BIG (800cc?) 4WD 4-wheeler, also a Polaris and He can push more snow with it than My 6500+# Farmall Super H with loader, 80" wide blade and chains. He has more HP than I do, but I out weigh Him about 5 to 1#
ihrotate.gif

Dennis, I have a 982 with a H42 blower on it and a cab - and a 782D with no cab and the blade, and I would rather go out and push any day of the week! Heres a shot of the 982 with the cab after I got it built / modified and the snow came.

It still has the deck on it in the pics, and had to mow with it one more time before it came off. Got kinda hot in there and felt weird. Im thinkin about gettin rid of the cab for next year and going open again.
74428.jpg

74429.jpg

74430.jpg

Charlie, The shop is always heated and the coffee is always on. If your in the area give me a shout. Aaron

Keith - Here's the 327 Cub. From 12-01-99
74542.jpg

74543.jpg

>Model 129
>Gear box on drive shaft 2 to 1 reduction
>Custom front axle (would nearly roll over when reved up)
>283 Chevy roller cam and Edelbrock intake Intended for drag car
>Power steering
>42" mower..... yes he cuts his grass with it every week at 2200 RPM
>Open Exhaust: the neighbors love him
>Home: Delaware
>has appetite for hydro's if reved very high
>Built in 1.5 weeks.

Can you imagine that thing hooked to a snow blower !

Ken, where's the fuel tank on that beast? I'm kinda surprised that isn't your creation.

Kraig - Did you find out how he attached the wishbone to the axle ... nothing visible ?

KENtucky, I have no idea, it's a safe bet he didn't use JB Weld......
roflol.gif

The workmanship and attention to detail is absolutely amazing. Dose Dan Hoefler ever diplay his creations at shows?
Darryl

Darryl, he used to but he has been too busy with other projects in recent years.

Kraig, do you have pics of the front wheel assist build? looks like a 100 and it drives from the middle of the rear-end.
Man would I love to have a closer look.

Darryl, silly question, of course I have photos!
roflol.gif

And yes, that is a 100.

74803.jpg

74804.jpg

74805.jpg

74806.jpg

74807.jpg

74808.jpg

74809.jpg

74810.jpg

74811.jpg

74812.jpg

Kraig: Thanks alot!....your "filing cabinet" must be a sight. how on earth can you find these things so fast! you should put together a catalog of "cool builds".... I'll buy the frist one.
Darryl

Darryl, good memory maybe?
dunno.gif
Interesting thought on a "cool builds" collection.... You wanting just a CD full of photos?

Back