• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 26, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt G.
Here's the Cub version of the belt.
183142.jpg

Here's the length.
183143.jpg

Wayne- Only 3 inches? We had a total of 7>8 here.(Just down the road a spell) Had so much fun I even cleared the main road in front of the house. What are you looking to buy? Can't beat some good seat time!!
whistling.gif

Charlie-

Thanks. My 782 ate two of those...not sure what went wrong...the first one may have come loose and burnt up, but the second one was much tighter... Am I reading 32.5" off of that, or is it 34"? That's a bit different than our belt measurer.

thanks guys, cleaning out the check valves fixed it.looks like i didn't need to do about half the disassembly i did but,on the bright side i got new fluid & filter in the trans.thank you again.

Hi,

As I consider my upcoming restorations of a 70, 100, and 123, I understand not all of the tractor bolts were factory IH stamped -- correct?
If possible, I could use some assistance in identifying which bolts definitely had IH stamps on them and sources for new stamped IH bolts if any exist. I'll also be restoring several cast end mower decks and a #2 trailer in addition to the tractors. Thanks!

Steve S.-

All of the tractor ones are, but the engine bolts are not. You can't buy new IH bolts. You'll have to find some decent used ones. You can also replate them to make them look new again:

183153.jpg

Matt,

Matt --Thanks for the information -- I remember reading about your zinc replating process. If possible, though, I'd much rather locate a good assortment that have already been replated and are ready to be reused ... not likely, I know.

Another unrelated question: Some of the semicircular clutch shields on the old narrow frames were solid and others were vented. Which tractors originally used the vented shields? The Cub Cadet parts site gives a vented shiled part number for the 70 on up -- but this doesn't seem correct to me...?

We ended up with about 4-5" in Central IL yesterday and another +/-2" today. Lost the VR on the 2072 last night, no charging for the battery.....lucky it has a mag ignition module!!!! Finished plowing in the dark last night with some VERY dim headlights.

Kohler voltage regs seem to be in the same category as fuel pumps and ignition modules.....if you own a Mag series engine long enough you will buy one of each
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
!!!

Oh well, at least the stator is putting out +/-38v AC......the VR is a kindergarten simple fix compared to a shorted stator!!!

Had a good time shoving around the snow with the SGT and Haban blade.....it is a combination that acts and performs better than it looks like it should and gives the operator a nice "big tractor" feeling
happy.gif

Don
I cleaned the breather this weekend and that was not it. the oil is coming someware by the pulleys. I am going to take the front end off tonight and look in to it more. tractor runs fine just leaking oil and that is not good. any ideas from anyone would be a great help. Iam alittle stumped on this one.

If the oil is coming from behind the SG pully check and see if the oil seal around the crank isnt leeking our missing!

Willis, Before I ohauled my 126,one day when I went to start it,it sort of coughed when it started and oil started to gush out behind the frt pulley. Teardown revealed that the seal was pushed out of the bore. It no longer fit tight in the bore. Being the engine used quite a lot of oil I elected to do a complete ohaul. I thought I would find broken rings or something which would have created excessive crankcase pressure to push the seal out. I found nothing except quite a lot of wear and I had cleaned the breather previously. The engine had never been apart so it looks like the seal just shrunk up from old age.

here's the best pic i could find that i had... the oil seal that your looking for is the black ring around the crank... I say this because i don't know how mechanically inclined you are, no offence to you.

183156.jpg

Kendell I have no idea what your talking about...makes sence to me?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Hey Matt
I think you are probley Right I will look at that tonight I know alot about car Motors Iam new at all this cub stuff But I like it . thanks for your help

Kendall: and here I always thought "leeking" was hunting wild onions..
eww.gif

Myron B

Latest posts

Back