• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 25, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lewis, I'm about 40 miles south of you. Do not go out and play tonight, stay inside and admire the beauty(?) of the storm. Any work you do is gonna fill in by morning anyway! <font size="-2">I suspect the wind chill factor is about -100* also</font>.}

Rodney Smith: You asked about Boxing Day and I don't see that your question was answered. I think it's a Canadian holiday that involves returning stuff to the store on the day after Christmas. Don T. and Gramme can correct me if I'm wrong. Lots of things migrated to Austraulia-evidently a few (or couple) Cub Cadets.

Okay,Allen
Went out anyway and threw some snow!!
Nuttin like the wind at your back and the snow flying!!
When it is the other way around it sucks!!
The thrower worked fine,without breaking the belt, or snow clogging the chute....

Boxing Day got its name from an old tradition when employers boxed gifts for their workers on the day after Christmas.
Sorry, should have dpone this earlier. See also- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day
Boxing Day is a bank or public holiday that occurs on 26 December, or the first or second weekday after Christmas Day, depending on national laws. It is observed in Australia, Austria, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and in some Commonwealth nations.

Don T - a couple of years ago you had a Transmission Oil leak, did you ever find out where & do a fix?

Graeme:
thumbsup_old.gif
coffee.gif

revere with chains. If I try to back up my driveway I get little traction. I can push a bunch of snow going foward but backing limited. I have 125LB on back of machine.

Wayne S., are those Cub Cadet fenders I see on the left in the background in that snowy photo?

Good eye Kraig-

That's a fender pan for a 1x9 I shot just before the cold weather arrived. It must have been a few degrees too cool. The finish didn't come out like I wanted so it's heading south to my nephews body shop for a few final coats.

DAVE R. - Yes, the little diesel 782's & SGT's were water cooled, not "technically" an IH CC but we always used to let them in this forum because they were COOL!. The later water-cooled gas SGT's were confined to the MTD forum.

I know WHY water-cooled engine are better, but I sure appreciate air cooling for it's simplicity of maintenance.

I often wondered why or how CCC got to use the word International on the hood decal on the 782D.

Maybe IH really did have intentions of producing them before it all ended?

graeme k tatchell

That oil leak I had turned out to be the cork gasket between the hydro pump and the rear end housing. I replaced the gasket and its good now.

Well we had some snow here overnight and some rain. So I had about 4" of slop to move. The 450 would move it but would plug up. I see now that if I get a bunch of snow with no rain I will have a beast here to move snow. My drive way is sloped and was not as wet at the top and I did get it to blow about 20'.No power this am
bash.gif
. I just love it when we have no power.I had to use my cell to call and 79 homes had no power from 2 am till 11 am.
old.gif

CHARLIE - re: IH's 782-Diesel, could be, IH left a lot of projects in process as they pared off businesses in the late 1970's & early 1980's.

About the only thing I heard they didn't have projects with was SOLAR, who they later sold to CAT, because once the Solar turbine didn't yeild the same HP/Hrs/Gal of fuel the IH diesels did for truck or ag/construction equipment IH really had no other plans for Solar, they just continued to design, build, & ship and send money to Chicago to fund other things.

Charlie,

They were given specific rights to use the "IH" and "International" from '81 to '85 as part of the production agreement for the red tractors. Only the red tractors could use the trademarks. IH sold the "MTD Models" (782D, 1282, and 582S) at their own dealers under their own badging right up to the very end in 1985. MTD developed them (with support/encouragement from IH, or without...who knows) and IH sold them.

I remember the 1st 782D rolling into the IH dealer Dad worked at, brother an I thought it was just about the coolest GT ever!!!

The dealer also sold the New Idea version of the GE Electrac...another cool machine to ponder over as a kid.....

Steve B, Charlie,
The 582S was not just a "MTD model" but was originally built by IH. According to the Louisville Monthly Production Records, the last 582S built by IH was S/N 694101. The CCC/MTD yellow and white version was the 580.

happy.gif

Hope everyone had a HAPPY MERRY CHRISTMAS! I DID!
I recieved Randy Leffingwell book 'FARMALL'and a
door mat 'If it ain't red leave it in the shed'.
I already had the yellow covered.My 6yr old said best Christmas ever!
I need help in the sandbox about digital camera ideas,so I can get some pics posted here!
THANKS,
ROD

Paul,

I almost left the 582S off of that list, but my early 82 series literature did not include it. The second version did, and the 3rd version had the 1282 (MTD only).

I do think that the 582S was a 2nd year model and not introduced with the "original" 82 series, but if you have serial number records indicating IH production, it was obviously and IH addition to the line and not an MTD one.

Thanks for correcting that.

Back