• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 24, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be starting my new job soon and since I probably won't have any vacation time anytime soon, I'd like to be able to give some fair warning when I'll be away for Plow Day. Anyone have any idea when or where it is, at least even a time frame?

Wyatt: Is there going to be one of each of the featured tool boxes for door prizes at Plow Day. Good luck on your job.

Daniel:

Thaks for the tip on the 1450. Picked it up today. Worth the 400 miles round trip. Decent shape.

Charlie Mc:

I did steal this cub from your neck of the woods.

Question:

I got the 1450 home and was giving it a closer look. I noticed that it did not have disc brakes. All of my other Q/L hydros have disc brakes. In fact all of my hydros have disc brakes except for this one.

I guess we all learn something every day.

Guys: Has anyone tried putting a snow thrower on their tractor with the supa-steer mod? I use a 782 with a QA42A thrower. First i couldn't get the thrower to touch the ground. Fixed this with a little cutting to the u shaped bracket of the thrower.Next problem is the tractor can't turn to the right because the tire hits the drive shaft cover. I took the cover off and there are still issues with clearence. I'm guessing i'll have to lengthen the u bracket and the upper arms by an inch or so. Has anyone done this? Any surgestions will be appreciated. Happy Hollidays everyone. Kent Wood

So Wyatt, Are we going to be neighbors again?
happy.gif

Congrats!
happy.gif
Stop down and see me sometime if you can!

Maybe we can get a plow day going if no-one else can!
happy.gif

(Message edited by jlang on December 27, 2003)

(Message edited by jlang on December 27, 2003)

Frank- That 1450 may have 1" front spindles and an aluminum lower front grill casting as well,a late model Q.L. I believe from 77 on they had internal brakes again,a setup I much prefer on those. My 782D has disc brakes but it is a much inproved design over the old style design.

Bryan-Yah,who wooda guessed...
biggrin.gif

Kevin:

Good guess or should I say educated guess. The 1450 does have 1" spindles and the lower grill is aluminum. Also, there is no handle on the side of the tunnel cover to release the hydro so it can be moved when not under power. A former owner apparently got frustrated with the clearance between the points cover and the frame and notched it by cutting and rolling the frame back. Will have to fix that with the electric glue. Also, the hydro and brake need adjusting as does the carb. Also, the electrci pto is not working and the lights don't work. Have not checked the fuses and wiring yet. It does start and run without any smoke.

Actually almost in as good shape as my other 1450, the one with the monster weights.

Also got a 1250 donor this week. It will donate to the 1450.

First look says it is probably a keeper.

Frank-That one has self-unloading check valves in the hydro,no need for the annoying little handle to roll it around. It'll roll about 5 seconds after it shuts off. 1450 is a nice machine,I've had 2 myself and are my favorite Q.L.

Kent-
I do on my 169 no problem. I don't have tire clearance problems, but I prefer narrow tri-ribs in the winter.

John L-
I'll still live in Guttenberg, it'll be an 160 mile a day commute . . . but someone's gotta one-up Denny Frisk's commute
happy.gif

Congrats Wyatt, I'll think of you when I go to Sears this week to spend a little Christmas money.......the add-on side cab for my box is looking pretty good!!!!!

Steve-
I need another side cabinet too, and probably the intermediate, after that I'll have to get another roll-around. I'm probably already maxing out the casters on mine already, when I built a crate to move it to IA I couldn't move it on my own, the 169 just spun it's tires to push it, had to recruit 4 other people to move it; should have removed the drawers first
happy.gif

Either way, my next tool cabinet will be the new one I'll be working on, but I'll need to bring it home on the trailer, it won't even be close to fitting in my pickup!

I think one of the first questions was "are you familiar with any of our products?"
14709.jpg

well . . . . . I think so
happy.gif

HEY WYATT - Better get something like a diesel Ranger P/U to make that 160 mi. commute! I spend right at $10/Day on My little 120 mi/day commute!
Truck has 237K on it now... PLUS a new LUK Clutch, new rear fuel tank, getting new glow plugs sometime in the next day or two. AND THE POOR LITTLE Kitty-Kat got killed.....so You can really hear the turbo whine.... I'll get cold this winter running with the passenger side window open everywhere! No Cub seat time this holiday vacation yet, No snow, but the Cub's do appreciate the warm shop

You guys have some series toolboxes. I finally got the bottom part of mine for Christmas. It might not be big but it sure helps with storage.
Steve: A side box would be a great idea.Iwonder if they make one for mine. How do they attach? Just bolts?
your_image.gif

Kevin:
I have had a lot of Hydro's. Both NF and WF and Q/L's. I already have a 1250 and 1450 but both are older models and have the little handle that has already had the flapper broken off.

This one is as you said and then has a yellow sticker that says "DO NOT PUSH".

I assume that brake adjusting is similar to gear drives with internal brake for the internal part. Will have to get a manual for the ourside adjustments as none of my others cover hydros with internal brakes.

I like challenges. Now if I could only get my big tractor's hydraulics fixed. Been working on it over a year now. Takes away from cub time.

Well Guys, You didn't like my green & white tractor barn plan, so I scapped that idea. Here's a more probable project for me.
14713.jpg

I'd like to turn part of this machine shed/garage into a heated shop at home. It will be 24' side X 32' deep in the part I'll use for a shop. )
14714.jpg

I could use one of those tool boxes in my new shop Wyatt! :

It was NOT my day today. Went to Keith's and picked up two tractors. I lost them both on I-80 on the really nice stretch of Interstate by Iowa City. Looks like the mower deck bounced and broke the straps. Pretty costly f$ckup on my part. Cops were sure nice helping me load them though ;-)

John Lang
I could use a garage the full size of that building. Are you putting in a rear entry door with a Cub sign on it?

I just bought top chest for my box last monday.
I bought a KRL7003 snapon roll cab a while back, I filled it up pretty quick. So I bought the KRL1203 top chest off the tool man. I filled half of it the first day I had it.

I think ill be paying on this for several years.

When we moved my box to the new shop we loaded it on the trailer and took it for a ride over to the scales. Ended up weighing 3200lbs, just the bottom box then. No loading it in the truck for me. I think box alone weighed around 800lbs.

Pictures next weekend when the shop opens back up, closed to get the floors redone this week.

Richard...
Didn't you notice the IH decal above the deer?
happy.gif
Guess it was too small in the posted jpg! It's there though.
Also noted a typo on the size. Shop will be 32' deep and 24' wide with 10 ft. height inside.

Latest posts

Back