• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 22, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
Josh S.-
It doesn't matter what kind of tires you have; if you have any ice at all, you will go nowhere without chains.

Thinking about putting this in my 1450. What do you think?

250939.jpg

250940.jpg

Norm you better order a second set of ISO mounts from Charlie

Vincent I was having fun, and the best cub snow removal time I have had.

In that picture I busted thru and after I saw the photo I thought that would of made a great advertisment shot

Norm,

You will want an overdrive transmission too. Some of those engines only run at 60 RPM.

Vincent: Now that's downright awesome!!! Wonder if it works as good as it looks?? Only thing I would do different is add a polished stainless steel cutting edge, just for show of course!

Dave S,

Dave & Vince,
That Super with the wing blade was owned by a guy in Marengo IA. He had it for sale a few years back, not sure where it ended up.
He did a great job on the build.

I'd be interested to know how he gets that side panel off with that exhaust running through there and no slot above it. Looks like it just goes through a round hole.

I'd also like to know what that yellow sign reads. He relabeled it a "3572". I wonder what 35hp engine would fit in there. I can make out "4 cycle" and "26 inch tires". But that's about it.

NIC - Kohler makes Command engines up to 40 HP now. Their current line up has 34 & 36 HP but I think they made a 35 HP several years ago.

Their new line of EFI engines that are able to run on everything from E0 to E85 would be a nice engine for transplanting into a CC, they have 19 to 29 HP models every odd number of HP.

Far as how well a "Wing" would work on a garden tractor, I guess it depends on conditions. I've seen the 40,000# VOLVO the local DOT uses get pushed around by the wing on it along our road. The tool that works the best for widening roads that are drifted really bad is their articulating endloader but it's such a slow process they use it as a tool of last resort. I spent about an hour again this afternoon pushing snow from in front of my mailbox back up onto the top of the road bank. There was two foot deep snow over three feet in front of my mailbox. The County's big equipment struggles to clear around it, the trucks, graders, etc are just too big.

IIRC, Randy Maccu? originally built that monster and the current owner added the 35hp Kohler after he bought it from Randy.

250945.jpg

250946.jpg

Quick question for all. What is the correct length for the lift rod when you have a QA 42A snowthrower on a 1650? Tomorrow, I'm going to make the correct length and do some other outside stuff. TIA.
happy.gif

Marlin - sorry you aren't authorized to ask "Quick questions". That terminology is restriced to use of Bill J out in VA.
However, the quick answer is approx. 28", should be the same for a thrower or a blade. (Now I sure hope no one starts asking dead questions)

Jeff - (under edit to your comment above) I think they really are the same. So now we'll have to get a factory expert to identify the correct lengths.
Marlin - since you're making it, might just as well make 3, one 28", one 29" and one 30" - or you could make one with a turnbuckle that allows you to adjust between 27-29"

Jeff - (under double edit) now ya went and done it. "Hydro Harry could be WRONG". For blades the parts book shows a break (difference), IH 548589R1 for tractors serial no. 665,000 and below, and IH140090C1 for 665,001 and above. For throwers it's IH548189R1. Strange, but I'm pretty certain 28" is about the best overall, and 29" may work ok - how about that?

length is Definently different for blades to throwers, they are not the same

I believe it is 28" for thrower and 24" for blade,I will measure in the morning if not corrected by then.

Marlin,

I made a lift rod for my 1250 with a QA-36A snowthrower.

I needed a rod 27" long (overall length). It allows my snowthrower to lower to 1.5" below horizontal and to be raised about 6" above the floor.

I would think yours would be the same, unless there is a difference with the hydraulic lift or the QA-42A.

Marlin, Jeff and Ken - OK, I did some searching. I knew the lift rod length had just been discussed, and back on Nov. 10 Charlie posted the standard lift rod for the thrower was 28". That posting seems to be in response to Ken's inquiry about the rod length at that time, and there was further discussion about making a custom length rod - mostly by mounting the thrower, make sure the skidders are set where you want for cutting edge clearance, put a 2x4 under the front tires, and then measure the distance from the rockshaft mounting hole for the lift rod to the hole in the lift bracket on the thrower. It wasn't clear in the messages but that's when Ken determined 27" was about right for his thrower. I believe I mentioned it may allow the thrower to be raised so the chute may actually contact the nose of the upper grill housing - or it will be really close. So, if you don't have a real opportunity to go thru this effort to determine a custom length then I think if you make the rod 27 and 1/2" it will work well, and 28" will work ok. I'm also quite certain 28" is the standard length for the blade as well. Clearance of the upper grill isn't as much of an issue with the blade so maybe 26" would even work ok, but the shorter your rod the less down travel you have, and if it's to short you may not even reach level. I'm certain we'll get more posts tomorrow (or is it tomorrow already).

Vince-
You had better have made two of those! I looked outside my doorstep this morning and didn't see "mine" there. Maybe you're shooting for a Dec 25 drop-off while wearing a red suit and a white beard.

If so.....You're brilliant!
biggrin.gif

Hydro Harry B - Quick question....

When I was a boy, I could remember the adults saying don't EVER jump start a garden tractor as it will cause electrical damage? So orders were given for the boys to take out the battery (while the adults stood around, had a smoke and talked shop) and deliver it to the work bench for a charge.

Question is - can you jump one of these IHCC's from a car, truck or one of those battery powered jump starters AAA uses to jump my Wife's car when she is out Christmas shopping and leaves the lights on - draining the battery again...
bash.gif

"Question is - can you jump one of these IHCC's from a car, truck or one of those battery powered jump starters AAA uses to jump my Wife's car when she is out Christmas shopping and leaves the lights on - draining the battery again... "

Answer is.... YES!

Latest posts

Back