• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 20, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
Charlie: Bent, maybe, not broke:

318790.jpg

Actually, I'm seeing The forum picking up pace - but I digress. Before it works again, the 682 needs a head gasket - I like this machine and will be paying more attention to it in 2018. I like the 1811, too. I really like the looks of Charlie's black 82 series (as a kid I liked to paint my bicycle black). I have a spare hood and side panels for the 1811. I'm picturing black hood and side panels and black wheel weights. Next year.
happy.gif

WOW, I slid past the archive bug!
happy.gif

Digger-admirable snow fleet,you know what I like about you guys in the upper Midwest...all that snow,wish we’d get a little more of a taste of that on the Rhode Island coast and Da Yoopers LOL

Man! I'm kickin it today, LOL
About 3 acres of lot and driveway cleared and 47 boxes shipped and ready to pick up by 8:00 A.M.! NAP TIME, LOL
318792.jpg

318793.jpg

318794.jpg

318795.jpg

Charlie, we're gonna need details on which Cub Cadet you used... Oh, and any action photos?
dunno.gif

I used everything I posted pics of yesterday, plus the 1466. The 1712 sat idle, it's going up to the shop for the winter, I don't need another angle blade right now, LOL
No action shots. ;-(
It was around 2 degrees early this morning and I just wanted to get the lot cleared for trucks coming in today.
I'm really thinking about getting a GoPro, Just don't know which one to get.

Under Edit,
I'm still amazed at those TerraGrips on the 1450! And those front tires so well it will dang near throw ya off if you turn to sharp. LOL

Charlie,
thumbsup.gif
Have you hit any icy patches with the TerraGrips? Curious how well they do on ice vs snow. Ooo, a GoPro would be nice. I want one too, but like you, I'm not certain which one.
a_blink2.gif

GoPro was the real big hit about 6-7 yrs ago for portable video recording. They have refined it and added lots of upgrades.

I have my friends Hero model with remote control. I also have the app on my phone to control it.

https://gopro.com/

Oh dear, I should have known!, thought maybe it as an easier way too remove snow and ice,
Well I'm heading South, leaving all this snow plowing, for you guys, be back for Spring plowing. Anxious to try out a126 ,maybe a 73

The only reason I mentioned that is because the one's I and Aaron sell are 1/4".
On walk behinds, that 1/8" is probably more than enough, but those beasty 450 and 451's, I just don't know, LOL
318800.jpg

These are going on a QA-36A. Two sets of slots are on 3" centers. I've bought the QA ones from a you before. The idea on these is the large turn ups to go over the damn bumpy sidewalks around here that they won't fix.

Just put the windbreaker cab on the 782....26" wide, door to door, for those who were wondering.....not super sized, but better than covered in thrown/blown snow!!!!

Doug,

Those should last a long time on a 36" thrower, years, decades ?

I have a Haban 48" and a lot of concrete drive way, around 1000' x 48". If you catch my drift. I wear through 3/16" x 3/4" flat stock every two years.

I have a QA-36A that currently gets used in a pinch, but was the main thrower for the family (1970-2004). I think my dad replaced the OEM skids once. I put the same flat stock on as above and used on paved driveway for 7-8 years. They are still good, but my driveway was much shorter then, maybe 300' x 36"

Jim

Kraig,
To answer your question the ice thing and those tires.
Even though the high today was only 14, the sun hit the new asphalt and did melt, then refroze.
Soooo, I had to go try them out.
I ran across a pretty good size patch of ice and the dang things started POPPING like pulling a suction cup off of something. The really funny thing other than the popping, was the fact that I kinda laughed to myself while I was popping along!
Sad thing is, I idled down so I could hear it better!
biggrin.gif

I fired up the 127 last night and turned it around under the nose of my race trailer(gooseneck) so I could get the rear tires off. They are shot. Got them dismounted and ready to blast them. The inside of the rims are perfect and the ink stamped part number is still perfect. I only have to blast the outsides. I still have a can of paint left over to freshen them up.

I got a new set of tires for it. Just need to get the battery hold down clamp remade to work better. Mine is unique and not sure what it actually is suppose to fit? I'll post a picture this weekend.

BTW, it started with the new battery, but it still cranks really slow. Granted it is a new battery and likely needs a good charge yet put on it to get it up to full capacity. It shows a good charge current after running. I need to throw it on the charger for a few hours this weekend.

Charlie,
You mentioned those front tires did really well. What brand are they? They look like they would do a lot bettter than the tri-rib.

Back