• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 20, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My push blade gets so covered with snow when plowing an electric motor/wires/connections would be the last thing I'd want down there.

Where I live it snows 2 maybe 3 times a year and I use the blade for other task more than snow. With all the parts I would have to buy for hydraulics I could buy another cub. I thought it might be cheaper to use a 12volt actuator.

In that case it's not a bad idea. I use mine only in the winter. I should not have assumed.

Well good old Dan G., you can always resort to the Wheel Horse club, and use a rope tied to each end of the blade looped back over the steering wheel, lol!

Got to keep the form exciting!

I'd just like to comment, that the recommended conventional engine oil Cub Cadet or Kohler is proven since 1961, and not always the case of carbon up or "blacken" as much as some might think { at least in the operating condition my K-XXX engine "appears" to be in } The engine oil is so clean that I can hardly make it out on the bayonet! I would be interested in reading more about the synthetic oil properties and effects on the Kohler Iron Line Series air cooled single cylinder gas powered engines before I make a choice! Taking these tractors to the next level, as someone had said, is interesting!

carry on,....

Tire all switch around and ready for the snow. 6 X 12's on the 122 and 489's on the 108 (soon to 128)
265810.jpg

Steve Blunier and Don Tanner that is the info I needed. I will get back on this next week. Thank you and enjoy the cubs.

David

We are getting freezing rain here nothing to push with a cub . I did use my loader to break up some ice on the drive. Loaders come in handy .
smile.gif

David S. We have around 3 1/2" here in Colo, Iowa. I put the chains on Fancy's 1650 and Angel got a neat little film clip of the two of us running around in the pre-snow storm neighbor's yard. Just as I went to put the 1650 away the little fella quit running. The fuel shutoff lever broke off awhile back and I haven't replaced it and I'm wondering if that critter could have wiggled its way to the mostly closed position. His 1650 did quit a couple of times only it started right up while we were driving it and I had to have the choke pulled halfway even after the engine warmed up. Now it just acts as if no gas. And his Cub Cadet was going to be my blade tractor this year. Right now I just ache too much to go out and work on it. Still... You have fun moving your snow today.

Latest posts

Back