• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 19, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And a few more shelling pictures...

324072.jpg

324073.jpg

324074.jpg

324075.jpg

324076.jpg

Steve,

Is that corn husks being blown into the caged trailer in the bottom pic?
If so, what were they used for?

Brian, cool photo. My dad had a Farmall C, but we only used it for towing wagons and trailers.

Steve,
greenthumb.gif

Marty,

Shell corn came out the left side, cobs came out the right side, and shucks were blown through a canvas tube down the center isle of the crib to the "shuck wagon". Some people saved them for bedding, we usually just put them on the brush pile and lit a match!

Sheller truck had a rotary combine screen on the radiator to keep it from getting full of chaff. Biggest gas engine he could get on the lightest cheapest truck chassis. Cooks Special sheller was basically a rotary combine mounted on a truck......and it would EAT corn.....

I would "help" rake corn out of the rafters of the crib sometimes while high school farm boys would shovel ear corn to the drag as fast as the drag could take it. It was a cool and awe inspiring sight for a young kid!

324078.jpg

Man, where did this year go?... Nance and I made it back to our winter retreat last week, about a month and a half late. I haven't seen a Cub since we got here, except for new ones. I'm going to try to make the Florida Flywheelers meet in Fort Meade this year, there's a lot of them there.
324081.jpg

<center>
324083.gif
</center>

<center>
324084.gif
</center>

<center><font size="-2">Cub Cadet Christmas graphic created by Ken Weaver way back in 1999.</font></center>

<center>Happy Birthday Art A.!
happy.gif
</center>

Latest posts

Back