• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 18, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
Door latch mods....

318756.jpg

318757.jpg

I had a NOS 1x8/9/Quiet Line Windbreaker like the one Charlie has, that I sold back in 2007. I didn't have the roof or rear curtain.

318760.jpg

318761.jpg

318762.jpg

318763.jpg

Steve,

Wow, looking at the "standing behind the tractors" viewpoint, it looks really sung inside those windbreakers. I've looked at/wanted a windbreaker or a cab, but I'm a fairly good sized fella (6'4", 350+ lbs and in a heavy coat, it's tight inside my Crown Vic). Maybe I'd be better served to just stick with my coveralls, and such.

Also, on your wideframe in the pictures, I see the cardboard over the grille, were you having trouble getting the coolant warm so you had heat..... LOL

Scott,
rofl.gif
I'm guessing Steve was trying to keep heat off of the discharge chute to prevent snow melt and refreeze.

Scott,

I'm 260 and 6'.....its snug but WORTH IT !!!

I don't know about other models but on the 122 it is very snug,especially when trying to get inside the windbreaker. This year I've moved the seat to the farthest back position and with pack boots on it's still a bummer to get inside. A little tip, don't put the key into the ignition on a 122 before trying to get in. Get in first than put the key in the ignition otherwise you'll be trying to pick out part of that key from the ignition switch! Did all the narrow frames have the key switch in that same location?

Michael H.
On the very next series 72-104-124-105-125 they recessed the key in a cup, but it was still in the same spot. some of us definitely know about digging out half the key after it was bent over one time too many.

The key location/set up on all these tractors are horrible. Who came up with this? I'm skinny and long legged and have problems getting my hands down there to operate the key sometimes. Put gloves on and you can't get your fingers on the key.

The headlight switch is no winner either.

Here's a "Fat guy in a little cab" photo for everyone's reference!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

318765.jpg

another.....

318767.jpg

and a windbreaker without the roof....

318768.jpg

I had interest in having a cab for my rigs but after seeing Steve Bs pics I think I’ll just stick with throwing on my snowmobile outfit.it appears that the gent in those pictures and I are roughly the same size and he’s stuffed in there,I guess in the 60s and 70s there wasn’t any thought given to big and tall sizes for those wind breaker cabs LOL

Ethan,

A).....That's me in there
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

B) It's not bad at all, plenty of room for my 6' 260# frame to move and operate the controls. The only thing a bit compromised is visibility of the front tires, but otherwise it is actually quite comfortable in the cab. Moving snow doesn't require a lot of movement in the cab...steering wheel hydro lever and hyd. lift levers....trust me, I don't need to do jumping jacks in there!!!!

"Cozy" cab vs. no cab and suited up......cab every day and 2x on Sunday....especially with a thrower/blower! Not having the wind blow snow back at you is HUGE for comfort and keeping that same wind off of you is a big benefit in general.

I don't run a cab on my blade tractor, 982/2072 with 54" Haban, and it is noticeably colder outside in the elements. (I don't run it for 2 reasons...1) They can rub on paint and decals and my blade tractor is one of the "nice" ones, and 2) I use the blade tractor for lighter snows that require more precision work to avoid ripping up sod, etc....cab limits some of the visibility that is required for that work. I trade visibility for no snow in the face on the thrower tractor with the cab....good trade!!!)

Steve, I thought about posting your "Frosty Blunier" photo but figured I'd wait and see if you would post it.
happy.gif

Previous messages have been moved to the Garage, were they should have been in the first place. I apologize for posting them on the main board, but I was rather miffed over the slamming of the forum yesterday.
I expect it towards me, but towards the forum is another thing, so all comments about it will be in the garage and not here.
thumbsup.gif

All we are supposed to get is some possible snow flurries followed by sub-zero weather this weekend into next week. If we ever get enough snow to clear, my #2 125 is all set up and ready. I doubt we'll get anything this winter like what we got back in 2014.

318775.jpg

Back