• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 18, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art and David both sound like good ideas i thnk ill try Arts first as it sounds easier but it will have to wait untill tomorrow as i have to work today. thanks again ill post a photo when i am done

20 + inches of snow just too much for the old 125. Like Bruce N I had trouble with my quick attatch. But, even with chains and wheel weights I couldn't push through that much snow (over grass). Sorry, no pics. I'm just glad that it happened out back so that none of my neighbors could see me getting stuck.

Bruce:
So cold that metal is getting brittle???? My 129 send condolences and hopes yours is out of the sick bay soon...
eek.gif

Frank A. Currier, Personally I prefer sediment bowls. You can see what the gas looks like, you can see any crap coming from the tank. As you can see it works on the WF. All my NFs have them. The 129 doesn't because it's the evil step child. And I just start it up from time to time. But it is on stand by with a blade and spring assist. Besides, she just got a new seat. And for now, that's enough.

Well guys we have snow in Nova Scotia lol. Thanks for sending that up here as I will be able to have some seat time soon. Its about 6' now and snow steady so we are running my truck and go for a run in the snow. I will take along a chain i case is see someones stuck and give them a pull. Wife is adding things to the tree lol. she has been at it all day. Ge I see a 129 on three wheels and I hope you have a replacement part that you can slip on. Have a great day all and be safe. later Don T
Shift.gif

I sold a 1650 parts tractor with heavy duty spindles after I stripped the hydraulics out of it. Thought about keeping them, but then I would need new wheels too. The other side broke when I was mowing a couple of years ago, and I attempted to weld that one. It didn't hold with the snow blower either. Among the many issues with the 129 when I started putting it together was a bent left spindle, along with the linkage rods being bent as well. RH spindle must have gotten compromised as well. Time to browse Ebay or whip out my wallet for a new one.
angry.gif

this is it, either my tractor gets burned at the stake tonight, or the previous owner does.

is there a trick to attaching the fan belt to the QA-42A snow thrower on a 128?
i mean, beside loosening the belt adjuster on the snow thrower?
and jack up the snow thrower.
or loosening the bolts that attach the gear box to the snow thrower and pushing that up as far as it will go?
because, if not, the previous owner gave me the wrong belt and i am going to kill him.

im trying to look up the belt now to see if i have the wrong one.

Frank S.
With the snow blower fully mounted, you should be able to loosen the belt tensioner on the snow blower enough to allow you to slip it on. Like the mower belt, you are going to need to loosen the PTO linkage enough to allow you to install it.

Too cold to pull the spindle off today in the wind tunnel the 129 is resting at right now. Might weld it up just to get moving again, but I'm going to need to look for another spindle. My track record welding spindles hasn't been too good.

snow thrower is fully mounted, belt tensioner all the way back, pto linkage detached(rod broke).

i am off to kill the previous owner, first i have to shovel my drive way.

any one know the correct part number for this belt? a cross reference? size?

i found part #78 056 C1 in the original parts book, but im sure that has been changed a few times.

the belt i have says "A28", "4L 300", "0243" and "0134 184"

Latest posts

Back