• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 17, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave,
If it was new in 1995 it was either a 2160 or 2165, the 2166 came later I think. I can't comment on the problems as any piece of equipment is only as good as the manufacturing that goes into it. It may be a poor design, or poor workmanship or quality, or both.

Dross, TReed: Ya can't compare a 2165 or 2166 tractor style LAWN MOWER with a Cub Cadet 149 <u>Garden</u> Tractor. Not the same!!

Myron B

It might have been a 2165, 15 years and 5 jobs.
Myron, yep, boss figured that out.

So far (8 yrs) I've not got any complaints on my 2166 other than it spinning the wheels when I tried to put a boat up the concrete apron on the back of my garage door. I had to use the 127 with ags.
As far as mowing it's been going strong with just a new battery ... I did knock off the cyclops lens. Whole unit only !! I think it's $78.

My Nova Scotian friend has mentioned that I could build a 123 from the ground up. He's right.
190860.jpg

I'd like to know how well (if still alive) these people are doing today and maybe see them interviewed?

190861.jpg

Make us a retro tractor like New Holland did with the Ford 8N retro. Just do NOT zig zag it please...a model that resembles a Quietline or 1x9 would be nice, or a model 70/100, ah yes, that look..it sold. Also make it something we would buy, not all cup holders and belts please.

JIM D. - The "Zig-Zag" tractors were the highest selling CC's ever made! But a 1X8/9 or 70/100 look-a-like would be O-K. I Just wouldn't want a Q/L, even a 682/782/982 would be fine.

Dennis, "we" know that but does Kraig? hehehe! Couldn't resist posting that as he knows it was all in fun. If CC is willing to do that, I am all for it!

Frank, what did you do to Gerry's image? Here's the original version that Gerry/Kendell posted waaaaaaay back in the early years of the forum:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Kendell Ide (Kide) on Wednesday, May 26, 1999 - 09:07 am:

For the past few months, every time I saw the Fox Network cartoon series "Futurama", I had the strangest feeling that I'd seen the robot Bender somewhere else. I finally made the connection this week while going through TV Guide at the same time I was looking at Bryan's post of his 1450.. Bender's a 1450!
I'm sure this can only mean one of two things:
1-Matt Groening owns a CC 1450
2-IHC is reborn in the future and the 1450 is a time machine.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

192004.jpg

May of '99..... hmmm, I'm not sure if I can remember back that far.... I guess my predictions haven't come true yet....

Just a quick update, I spoke to our Cub Cadet factory rep the other day, he says that most of MTD's plans for the 2011 100th aniv will be announced, as well as new models for next year. They are combining the 2000 and 3000 series garden tractors into one line, nobody knows what it will look like or any specs yet. National Dealer meeting is in Florida in October some time. Mike

Mike T.
Talk to your rep again and tell him to tell ya the truth this time.
I've seen itinerary for the events and also the pics of the 100th anniversary machine!

"...and also the pics of the 100th anniversary machine"

Show us the SCANS or it "didn't happen".
happy.gif

Seeing them and having them are two different things.
Besides, If I did, Someone would probably come visit me with a very bad attitude, LOL

Wait a minute... I have a question...

I don't mean to over-state the obvious, but how did we suddenly get from a 50th Anniversary to a 100th Anniversary??????
1a_scratchhead.gif

And "if" Charlie's REALLY seen the 100th Anniversary mo-sheen (as Johnny Cash used to say it) then maybe he's JUST A BIT older than we thought!
icon_eek.gif

Latest posts

Back