• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 17, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got ya Art. Has the S/G been replaced with a flux capacitor???
crazy.gif

Tedd-
thumbsup.gif

And the points are in the underseat tray!

(Message edited by aaytay on December 18, 2003)

Art:
You 107 rivals the 1250 I picked up today for ugly. I did not take a pic but I can tell you it looked a lot like yours.

Front axle only half there, no hood, missing head, gas tank, more grass clippings inside that a pick-up can hold, seat missing, one flat rear tire.

The owner has another 1250 that got all of the doner parts. Tried to talk her out of it but nothing doing for now.

Dave:

Try Kubota about 18 hp. Not sure of the model no but that is what it looks like to me.

Is missing a lot of parts. There was some Kubota parts on e-bay. Might still be on. Search using "Kubota diesel" .

Gary:

Check e-bay. Some guy in your area is selling over a half dozen cubs in various states of disrepair.

Also has a x82 red cub all on e-bay.

Two assortments of cubs and the x82 all listed separately.

Believe it was a 582 so start with cub 582 on e-bay. Look in other items for additional cubs.

This would get you into the cub fraternity quickly.

Hey, Art - I think the right front tire is a little low on air. I can barely see it.

Chocolate Brown is a good color for a Cub!

Art
That 107 appears to have something that most of that series doesn't have.......intact hood hinge bolt holes
biggrin.gif

Paul-
Yes, you're very observant. I thought the same thing.

Keith-
Maybe I should paint the hood brown too and use it to deliver packages to the neighborhood.
14587.jpg

Don't those guys get to wear shorts and sandals in the summer?
happy.gif

Art:
I've got a bone to pick with you.
I was just doing a little reading to catch up and went through the "... line of draft, down draft, side draft, up draft, I'll take a draft - - - make it a Bud draft..." conversation between Steve B and Wyatt C. I think it was about plowing or some draft-type of thing....
Then, in your next post, you stole my line (and I quote), "Huh?"
Please be reminded that I'm supposed to be the ONLY mechanical misfit on this forum. I'm a certified, card-carrying dullard. We're gonna hafta move a couple of walls around or something if there's going to be two of us in here! A couple of big guys like us will surely need the room. :eek:)

On a completely separate note, what'cha going to do with that new UPS beauty you bought? Besides playing dress-up, I mean.

Art,
At least you got a 3 point on there, probably worth more than you paid for the whole thing!

Keith, the first thing he has to do is get the torch out and remove the tunnel cover so he can adjust the hydro!!

Kenny-
thumbsup.gif

Keith-
Sorry for stealing your line. I'm sure theres room for both of us in the "Dunce room".
happy.gif
happy.gif

Need parts? Gimmie a hollar...

Travis-
I actually thought of you as I was standing out in the cold trying to take the pedistal off this thing last night.
lazerburn.gif

Wyatt,

I assume that you will be moving the hitch point fore/aft???? Any vertical change would also cause the depth to change i.e. raise the plow.

I've been thinking about it all night and still can't see how you can apply draft control without changing the implement depth and affecting weight transfer to the rear tires. The down force of the implement is what gives you the ability to transfer weight.

Art, umm, nice 107. It sure has a nice grill! :eek:)

Gary, what will you be using your future Cub Cadet for? Mowing, clearing snow, tilling a garden, plowing, other, all of the 'above'?

Thanks for your responses!
I will be using the Cub for mowing and hopefully tilling if I find one with PTO. I looked on ebay like Frank suggested and I guess that the guy from N. Texas had sold or pulled his stuff. There is always the possibility that I didn't look in the right place. I saw a lot but not a 582.

Steve-
I got to thinking about it, and I do think we're in agreement, downward pull of the implement does make for additional rear weight. It's moving the hitch, but even moving the Brinly adapter fore-aft should raise or lower the implement at least a little as it'll pivot on the lift links from the lift bar. Looking at a 3588 this morning after an interview I believe I'm on the right track, challenge is just making the assembly look somewhat clean.

ALSO . . .
Drove by the Warren Trucking shipping yard in downtown Waterloo, IA this morning. Many may know they seem to be the exclusive trucking company used by a <font color="119911">certain company</font> to ship their tractors . . . . WELL, what do they have lined up to do snow removal????

That's right, a FARMALL!!!!

Gary, the tiller for use with a Cub Cadet uses the front PTO and a looooong belt so the tiller would work on most any Cub Cadet except perhaps the Original. One with a Hydro would be best for better control of ground speed or if you prefer a gear drive, you'll likely want one with a creeper. A creeper gear is getting harder to find and rather expensive when you do find one. To attach a tiller you would need a rear 3 point hitch but they are readily available. The 3 point hitch on a Cub Cadet is not the CAT-0, Cat-1, etc., hitch found on larger tractors, it is a proprietary hitch found only on Cub Cadets. Look at the photo of the rear of the brown 107 that Art posted, it has a 3 point. The bracket with yellow patches near the drawbar is the lower 2 points and the part just below the fender pan with the hole is the 3rd point. A bar inserts into the upper hole and the lift arm or hydraulic lift if so equipped pivots this up, lifting the implement. The tiller itself would be the hard part to find. They are available but you have to be on the look out for them, mower decks are very easy to find and often when you find the Cub Cadet you want it'll have a deck attached.

Gary, now if you do find a 982 or a 782 or even a 782D they along with some other newer models can be outfitted with a CAT-0 rear 3 point hitch. The 982 can also be fitted with a 2000PRM rear CAT-0 spec. PTO, onto which can be fitted a 48" tiller provided you can find one of 'em. For a good source of info on the various <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet models check out Jonathan Luckey's Cub Cadet Model Index website.

Wyatt-

That Warren Trucking Farmall would have been a great picture to get. . .If they reintroduce the Farmall name as planned, it would be great advertising.

Latest posts

Back