• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 17, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once more
Got a couple of questions for the historical CC giants- See pics below- Model 70 with seriel number stamped in odd location, told by previous owner that this was the fastest cub they had ever driven, gear drive of course. Has extra hole in tranny cover. Serial number 68163
14574.jpg

And a 71/72/102? Seriel number 13344 , is this a mis-stamp

14575.jpg

David H. -

Yes, it's possible for there to be a serial number on that machined pad. However, it's also very possible to swap rearends between tractors, so you may never be sure whether it was original or not.

Fastest = gear drive? I don't think so, unless the gears have been messed with
wink.gif

Bryan,
I have seen them mostly with the # in the raised boss. I had not seen the later model with the numbers running vertically ahead of the boss. The 13xxx should be an original, right?

David Hull
The S/N location on the gear reduction housing of that 70 is where they were on the early models, and most in that location appear to have been hand stamped, and in larger size numbers than found on the raised boss. The later 70/100, and early 102/122 had the number stamped in the raised boss. All those I have seen have been equally spaced, perfectly aligned, and centered on that boss (as if stamped using a jig or fixture of some type), which would lead me to believe there is, or should be, another number before the "1". Even then, it would make the S/N fall in the 70/100 range unless the first "3" is really an "8". All Originals had the S/N stamped in the gear reduction housing. If the second picture is the tractor with the S/N in question, from the model numbers you listed it is a 102/122 from the looks of the frame. The 71/72 used the same low tunnel frame that the 70/100 used. 102/122 and above had a high tunnel frame. You will probably find the extra hole in the tunnel of the 70 is above the location of the rear spirol pin in the driveshaft.

Robb-
How 'bout "don't make any plans for your 52kbps connection"
happy.gif

Got it all, thanks!

My main question was whether it was a sort of active hydraulic sensing setup or if it was a mechanical "dumb" setup. I've got a sort of mechanical draft setup for a Cub worked up that I sort of copied from a 1566, "sort of" because the 1566 uses a hydraulic draft sensing, not mechanical.

It is completely mechanical. And it does offer some advantage. If you notice on page nine it tells about setting it up. If you try to use the bottom hole during plowing, the tractor will spin out much more easily than using the top hole with the sensing link.

Robb-
The same is true on a Cub, as it relates to the hole in which the Brinly adapter is hitched. In fields that require more bite, upper holes work well, though quite often enough, bottom holes work. I'm working on something that will do less weight transfer but more working the implement, which might just be more practical because of the low weight and already-scarce traction in a garden tractor.

In draft control terms, how can "weight transfer" and "working the implement" be distinguished????

Raise the implement = transfer weight & less drawbar resistance = more traction.......how can the two be isolated from eachother????

Steve-
Draft defined by lbs of pull;
changing virtual hitch point to transfer relative to unit draft versus changing lift height to maintain constant draft. Basically two differnt means of maintaing efficient work, just differnt methods.

Huh?

That's all I know is that when I push that little silver button in on the lift handle, the plow goes "plunk" into the dirt, and I let the clutch out....
happy.gif

Bercomac Snowblower: Has anyone out there had experience with using a bercomac 2 stage blower on an older wide frame, (1450) Cub tractor? Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey y'all! I hope everybody has a safe and happy holiday season! A little early, I know, but I'm out of work until the 5th and we have no internet at the new house yet (no cable or land line either, but what the heck!)

Hi Guys, I'm new to the Cadet world but would like to know where I could get more info on just what to look for. I have a Yard Man "yea I know" that I have put a verticle shaft 18hp Kolher on. The deck needs to be rebuilt this winter and I thought I would put the work into something worth the knuckle blood. I'm in N. Texas and have been on the YTmag Farmall site for a while. I just got a '56 400 LP this year. I'm pretty impressed with Internationals so here I am. Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Gary-
Welcome, now go buy a CUB!
happy.gif

All-
I think I may have bought the winner of the Ugly Cub contest...
14577.jpg

14578.jpg

14579.jpg

I have been wanting to put a diesel engine in one of my cub cadets . I found an engine at a local swap meet. The seller didn't know much about it ,all he knew it was a diesel.There are very few numbers on it just casting numbers. Any help in identifing the make and model would be appreciated. I would like to put it in an 82 frame
Thanks Dave
14581.jpg

14582.jpg

14583.jpg

14584.jpg

Latest posts

Back