• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 17, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbrewer

displayname
Tim Brewer
Mark....

That pic answered my question...
I new there was a trick to it.
Thanks again for the help.

Tim B

Kevin "D",
I was wondering who would catch the "Zig-Zag"
deadat30.gif
reference. I guess I should have known!

Don't have to worry about the frame cover on the good 'ol gear drives, nothing brakes/leaks under there.

Have both wide frame and narrow frame. STILL like the 120 w/ags on front the best. Haven't really had too much time to play with the Smoker yet.

As far a Fords and Cub Cadets. I'm more for Macks and Cats.

Woman just don't got it. "This is a prized antique, not a storage area!"
14569.jpg

Weird in red?

Guess nobody's going to like my RED 141 then, note the grille in the background.
14571.jpg

Wyatt,
Try that again. I don't see the 141. <font size="-2">Although I still think the "ol IH color plow is cool</font>

(Message edited by thoffman on December 17, 2003)

Off topic . . . can someone email me the mechanical draft sensing system details that's used on Deere tractors???? A neighbor has a 140 that he says he is going to make a 3-point for but he may be persuaded otehrwise if he sees the factory setup with the draft sensing.

Question-
Will a Kohler fuel pump interfere with the frame rails on a Narrow Frame?

NF gear drives are easy to work on??? The next time I shear the pin in the rear coupler on my 106, I will ask you to come over and fix it for me. Mine has the disc brakes on it and the whole lever mechanism is right in the way of getting at that pin to pound it out or in. The next time I have to do it, I will be pulling the rear end out of it and adding the creeper gear to get the coupler ahead of all the clutter. I removable cover like a wide frame would have made it so much easier. Ever tried to get the hydro lever friction assy. free on a narrow frame hydro? I had to do it on my 123. You pretty much have to pull the pedastal to do it. Wide frame you just pull the center cover and there it is.

Wyatt, I believe there is 2 styles of fuel pumps. One has the diaphragm below the lever and the other above. I would think the later would be fine in a Cub but not sure the first one would clear the frame. Of course the problem with the diaphragm above the lever is that if the diaphragm cracks, the crankcase could fill up with fuel easier.

Jeff
Just what color is that house behind those Cubs and Ford? I think You should offer to paint it white and yellow. It would sure make a better back ground for your photos that way.
err.gif

Tom H- Women just don't get the value of out treasures and heaven forbid if we put dirty or even clean cub parts on something of theirs!!!!!

Hey,

Am thinking of looking at a 1650 (I see one in the parper, cheep)- to use mostly for pushing snow and roto-tilling, any suggestions?
Is it a good tractor, I have worn out my 123. What motor does it have? Is the PTO durable? - the #1 problem with the 123..

Thanks, Mark

Mark,
Hydro, 16hp, hopefully hydraulics, sounds good to me!

Tom H & our other CAT fanatics.....Here's something for your xmas list....be sure to ask for a Cub Cadet 7284 compact tractor this year. This is the new 7000 series with the CAT diesel under the hood......
happy.gif

I'm sure Travis is working on a turbo/"HP enhancement" package for this already.

Got a couple of questions for the historical CC giants- See pics below- Model 70 with seriel number stamped in odd location, told by previous owner that this was the fastest cub they had ever driven, gear drive of course. Has extra hole in tranny cover. Serial number 68163
image{70}

And a 71/72/102? Seriel number 13344 , is this a mis-stamp

image{102}

Back