• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 16, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up my cab today. The plastic or vinyl on the doors is all rotted out.
33050.jpg

I picked up a $5 vinyl shower curtain from Menards. I am going to sew it in place of the old windows. This stuff is very tough. Hopefully the cold weather doesn't make it brittle. Even if it doesn't work I'm only out $5.
33051.jpg

The rear window was cloudy and tore.
33052.jpg

I bought an $8 piece of lexan from Menards. I put the lexan on the ledge in the back of the cab. Then I cut the metal frame out of the old window and put it on top of the new window to stiffen it up. Now you can hardly tell there is a window there.
33053.jpg

I had to buy some flat stock to mount the front skirt on. It is looking good now.
33054.jpg

I do have a question about fastening the bottom of the skirt. It looks like I should bungee hole #2 on the left to hole #2 on the right side. This should hold the front on tight. What do I do with hole #1 and hole #3?

Thanks,

#3 gets tied under the battery box/hood to #3 on the opposite side and #1 gets tied to a suitable location near the rockshaft/frame junction (pulling back and toward the tractor centerline).

Once you get them all tied off you will see how they all work together to keep the drafts out.

BTW, I use the "baby" bungee cords, 3/16" x 6" aprox., to tie off all of my cab "ears". They stretch and give, but aren't bulky and don't pull hard enough to rip/tear. FWIW....

I have a problem with my 128. When i have the creeper in low
and shift from like reverse to 1st or any gears for that matter it is hard to shift and does not
want to come out of gear. in high it works fine just in low
it does this. The clutch is disengaging all the way. Not sure whats
up with it

Kevin

Burrrr it was -17°F at the house this morning. And only 51°F inside here at work the pilot lights went out on both furnaces.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on December 19, 2005)

Kraig,
They blew them out just before you got there!!!
That's one way to get folks moving early in the morning ya know!
groupwave.gif

Kraig.....51 degrees?? That is HOT!! We finally got our heat box box fixed in the back. It was so cold in there before that, we added plastic strips to the doorways (like in the refrigerated section of your grocery store) to try and keep any heat we had.....

Atleast we had leftover CUB CADET gloves to wear!

"Yellow Book" is on the shelves in Osceola!!!

I got to thinkin the other day, and yea I know that's a scary thought,BUT!
I just wonder how well these would do in the dirt on a Cub. Anyone tried them?
33059.jpg

Oh and Ken,
Seems I don't need a sign. Word got out a long time ago that I don't take money for snow removal, but will take goodies all day long!
thumbsup_old.gif

Charlie,

I though about running those on my loader project.....if I ever get back to it!!!! Have you been able to find them in 10.50??? Only ones I ever found were 8.50" for the front of compact D's

Charlie, I've thought about trying a set of those on one of my 125s but I'd like to get them refurbished first. Let us know how they work.

We're up to 58°F now.

Bryan,
I just spotted that it todays paper. Can't say that I know that guy, but another Cub Cadet in the "hood" is a good thing!
thumbsup.gif

Charlie, Kraig and Steve,
I think those tire would be to "hard". It would almost like having solid tires. Most of those kinda' tires are for construction use and have very high ply ratings.

(Message edited by thoffman on December 19, 2005)

TOM - Your right.... those skid-steer tires are at least 4-ply and are VERY stiff due to the thick sidewalls. You could run them without any air pressure and they'd still be hard. But I almost bought a pair for the 72 before I ordered My Firestones. I don't think they'd hook-up as well as a normal "Lugged" tire for pulling or plowing but they would beat the heck out of a turf tire for 95+% of the things We do with Cub Cadets. Plus I think they'd wear REALLY well.

Matt G.- you are right about the shifter on the ez-vac poster, I should have spotted that. But the Cadet does say 1250 on the decal, so I'll blame it on ez-vac. I think the sheet metal looks a little to flat as well, for a quietline.

Charlie and others - sorry about the bad lense (it is internal in my camera) I still have the Sony Mavica?, a 7-8 year old camera) I just need to take the time to go shopping.

They would be cool on a loader for the industrial look, and with enough rear weight to make the loader useful, they might not even ride too bad.

I agree, there are better ag tires out there for our uses in the ride, traction, and cost aspects.

Another thing about those tires, look how wide the bars are. You would have too much "flat" area.

Back