• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 16, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, time to order the manuals for my new 147. Picked it up Saturday. Came with a mower deck, chains, and snow blade! I'm so psyched!

Course, while I'm waiting, I could always go out to lunch with Bryan. Between the bouts of indegestion he's an encyclopedia. . .
roflol.gif

Ray L. -

You be nice - I now have BOTH of your books back in my possession
lol.gif

Now I just have to dig out the backpack so I can get 'em back downtown!

DENNY.....4 Ply??? For real H.D. applications you need the 12 or 14 ply SS tires!! No need to even add air! That could be the new "run flat" tires that we need for plow day!

Steve B.
They say they normally stock the 10.50's but are out right now and they also think they might have them in 2 ply as well. They are going to check and get back to me.
They really want to sell the Carlisle Tru powers and the Denman Ditch Digger's though.
Both are 4 ply.
33062.jpg

33063.jpg

They also say that 23x10.50x12's Stones should be available in 2 to 3 months, due to the nationwide backorder.

(Message edited by cproctor on December 19, 2005)

Hi guys I want to thank Dave Kamp and Steve Blunier for the response to my H-42 blower rebuild Questions.I figured it out,and got it back together durring the storm last week. It made quick work of 12" of snow, 80' of snow bank.

I know it has been talked about before but, How much weight should you hang on the back of the tractor without doing damage to it. I weigh a hefty 155. I have wheel weights,but I need more to counter the Haban,and my driveway grade.

Peter-I got the matched set of drive chain and sprockets from Mcmaster Carr. Some drilling some welding was required,but all is correct.The original parts are not available anymore.

Mr.Leo, we share a similar interest in cub cadets and Exhibition cases. I caught your name in the CWB article describing your work. very interesting we should talk.

John

Hey KEN! Saw Your post about the "Yellow Book" I'll be down to pickup a couple someday this week! Got some vacation to use up yet. I don't think I've ever seen a flat tire at a PD. Broken axles, broken spindle, blown engines, sheared drive pins, but no flat tires. The 26-12.00X12's on My 982 are 4-ply. They were HARD to mount compared to the 2 ply 8.50's. A 10.50 Firestone would be REAL popular..... I might have to buy a set. The 70 is getting 6X12, 72 has 8.50's, 129 wears 10.50's, and 982 has 26-12.00's. Now all I need is a second set of rims & wheels for the Super H and some 12.4 X 38 6-ply ATF&R's.

I guess Hy-Tran is not very "fluid" at single digit tempratures... I have a magnetic heater comming tomorrow ( the charcoal worked good at warming up the tranny, but I just don't like fire under there.
crazy.gif
) Killed the battery too. I'll pick one of them up too. Man I wish my camera was working the glow of the coals under the rear was cool.

Tedd,
Your really not serious about the BBQ the Cub thing are ya!
confused.gif

If you are, did ya at least use Kingsford?
OMG, that's to funny!

Brought home the 1450 from the father in law last night to rebuild the engine mounts for next years mowing season. It sat on the trailer all night, we hit 9 below. It was still -3 this morning but it did start after jumping it with a good battery. BUT, it had ags and no extra weight or chains and I was stuck on 1 inch of packed snow.
roflol.gif
I'm used to turfs with chains on the 109, that baby will go anywhere.

Hi All.

Charlie- 10.50 Firestones. Hmmm, I bet Steve B. is drooling just as much as I am
happy.gif
Sounds like they should be available just in time for some spring plowing.

Kent

Yep Charlie, Kingsford.
roflol.gif
I used the aluminum ash pan from my Webber. After all the stories I have heard about fires being built under trucks and earth moving equipment I figured it couldn't hurt using charcoal. I didn't want a open flame, so charcoal came to mind. Even if a flame happens it is small.

The battery is dead form all the abuse I have given it over the last two years.

Dennis,
At PD 9, I didn't really have a flat but, my right rear tire broke the bead right at the end of the parade lap. I didn't notice it until I was riding back to the truck. I almost rolled the tire right off the rim.
33073.jpg

Tedd,
My Father this morning had the bullet heater under his International Semi with tarps over the sides. Ended up he got some bad diesel in Georgia and it gelled up in the below zero weather we had real early this morning.

Are we 100% sure on the 10.50 23 deg. Firestone rubber??? Not a mix up with 8.50's????

Hmmm - not a lot of noise coming from north of da Cheddar Curtain today...

33076.gif

Bryan,
Around here it sound like J.C. made a early arrival. I'm just waiting till the first interception, then this guy
devil2.gif
will be in town.

Kraig -

Certainly not YIPPEEs or HURRAYs
lol.gif

Maybe some groaning, the sound of burning stock certificates
wink.gif

Bryan, Ah! I see, you're referring to football. Don't follow it much, more of an auto racing fan myself.

Back